What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Carter is the guy I am hoping falls to us at the moment. I think he's a strong possibility anywhere from 6-9 though. A Lakers Sexton trade would be a pretty mid return but if we did take Rob I could see a Sexton trade. In a lot of the mocks good players have slid to 15-17 that I'd love to get... but Sexton is a high price to pay.

It really sounds like Jazz are pretty out on Walker.

I'm drinking the koolaide on Carter....His film is great. But to be devil's advocate, are we concerned about drafting a 6'3, 22 year old SG? Carter is a dog....but I'm not sure he's like Smart/Holliday where he can guard bigger wings. There's a lot hinging on his shot....and I'm still not totally convinced by his one year of decent shooting.

Thats slightly weird coming from one of the biggest Sexton fan.

Isnt Dilly literally the worst fit with Collin among all prospects, and isnt Sexton somewhat of a ceiling of what Dilly could become?
not sure i can speak definitively for elizah, but most of us that like dillingham feel he's elite talent worth taking in spite of the horrendous fit for the jazz. at a certain point, if you feel a player is good enough, you take him regardless of who you currently have on your roster.

not sure i can speak definitively for elizah, but most of us that like dillingham feel he's elite talent worth taking in spite of the horrendous fit for the jazz. at a certain point, if you feel a player is good enough, you take him regardless of who you currently have on your roster.
That sums it up perfectly. He has the most star potential in the draft in my eyes. Regardless of who we have on the team I wouldn’t pass on that at 10. I think it would mean more about how we feel about Keyonte potentially than Sexton. If Dillingham becomes good enough where you have to choose between him and Sexton that’s an amazing problem to have.

His fit isnt horrendous with the Jazz, his fit is horrendous with teh NBA in general.

I get that. BPA. But still cant see how he would ever get a consistent 20+ mpg role unless we trade Sexton, and I rather wouldnt.

Its hard to finish his development or assesssment even if he never gets a proper run at the big league.

Bub Carrington has some really enticing indicators (size, age, production/role for his age in a major conference, eye-popping midrange shooting off the dribble/good FT%/decent 3FG%, 2:1 ast/to ratio) and I think I draft him over basically anyone that could be available at 10. Feels like highest upside and best positional fit we have for a guard.

Bub Carrington has some really enticing indicators (size, age, production/role for his age in a major conference, eye-popping midrange shooting off the dribble/good FT%/decent 3FG%, 2:1 ast/to ratio) and I think I draft him over basically anyone that could be available at 10. Feels like highest upside and best positional fit we have for a guard.
I wish he was more efficient. I do like him though but not at 10. There are a couple guys guaranteed to be there that I like more. He’d be a guy I’d like more if we moved up into the teens.

Anything but Topic or Dillingham

I'm drinking the koolaide on Carter....His film is great. But to be devil's advocate, are we concerned about drafting a 6'3, 22 year old SG? Carter is a dog....but I'm not sure he's like Smart/Holliday where he can guard bigger wings. There's a lot hinging on his shot....and I'm still not totally convinced by his one year of decent shooting.
I'm a little worried on the shot. I think he can guard up but won't be as strong as Holiday or Smart... those guys are like strongest guards in the league though. It looked like he stood guys up when they tried to go through him but in the nba that is a different level of dude. I think White/Caruso/Quickley/Brunson all have components I can see.

I like the value on some of the wings at the end of the first. If we came out with Carter and Dadiet/Tyson/Furphy I'd be really happy.

I wish he was more efficient. I do like him though but not at 10. There are a couple guys guaranteed to be there that I like more. He’d be a guy I’d like more if we moved up into the teens.
If he was more efficient he would be getting talked about top-5.

Back