Smoke rankings:

Williams
Carter

Topic
Dillingham

Edey
Salaun
Holland

Betting odds. I think the odds rankings are fairly spot on given that Williams is unlikely to bet there at #10.

1719337878921.png

I would normally identify Holland as an "Ainge guy"....but I honestly can't remember seeing any intel that links us to him.
I wonder if he has the wrong brain type for Ainge. I'm torn. The plays really hard but doesn't necessarily like to practice or work thing is an odd combo. Wonder if there is too much Josh Jackson potential.

He has an article in the athletic
I read the most recent one but it was very non-specific. In fact, I don't think he mentioned a single name in that article. He said the Jazz need wings... and they don't have any traditional small forward at the top of their roster. So... I guess... Cody Williams?

Edit: I just read another one from about 10 days ago - Knecht, Cody Williams, Holland, Salaun, Carter.

I read the most recent one but it was very non-specific. In fact, I don't think he mentioned a single name in that article. He said the Jazz need wings... and they don't have any traditional small forward at the top of their roster. So... I guess... Cody Williams?
He has an article with 5 names: Knecht, Williams, Salaun, Carter, and Holland.

I wonder if he has the wrong brain type for Ainge. I'm torn. The plays really hard but doesn't necessarily like to practice or work thing is an odd combo. Wonder if there is too much Josh Jackson potential.

Possibly....Holland is kind of reminiscent of Josh Jackson, but tbh I would take a non-criminal version of Josh Jackson at #10 in this draft in a heartbeat.

When I think of an Ainge guy, I typically think of 1) blue chip wing 2) pitbull guard 3) thiccc boy. Holland definitely fits one of those archetypes, and Ainge doesn't seem to be too deterred by a disappointing season prior to NBA. He's made huge bets on Tatum, Brown, and definitely tried to do the same for Winslow. Holland sticks out as the guy who is most like them IMO, but again zero smoke around him to UTA.

Dilly/Topic more likely than Holland/Salaun imo. Both guards have intel linking them to the Jazz....have not seen any intel linking the wings to the Jazz. Tony's article(s) do not come off as a report, but rather personal opinion.

Jazz trade up for Williams (or Carter if Williams is gone) with San Antonio. SA takes the extra asset and drafts Edey at 10.

Dilly/Topic more likely than Holland/Salaun imo. Both guards have intel linking them to the Jazz....have not seen any intel linking the wings to the Jazz. Tony's article(s) do not come off as a report, but rather personal opinion.
Nothing will shock me tbh. I think sometimes when you like guys a lot you may be more quiet about them.

Back