What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I have to start seriously considering Devin Carter in the lottery after the way he has been playing. Seems like a great 2-way player. Hitting almost 40% from 3 on 6.5 attempts per game. We are talking 8 bourds and 4 assists per game with a block and 1.5 steals. Turnovers need some work but at 6'3" he could be just what the Doctor ordered.

View: https://youtu.be/kCMujbJX6bc?si=WvqIoL86p8gkTgu_

Think he's a fake shooter, but if he's there with the later picks he's someone to consider.

Definitely wouldn't go lottery on him.

I think Tyler Smith will probably be as good as Jabari Smith offensively. Defensively, he's not quite as sharp. Not sure if that's a player the Jazz would want, but he should be an upgrade over John Collins as a stretch big despite his rebounding numbers being a bit soft. Lauri, Hendricks and Smith would definitely space the perimeter. Hendricks could potentially add enough help defense and rebounding to make it work defensively.

Still, it would be nice if the Jazz had another guy who could really handle and pass.

Last edited:
Ulrich Chomche is interesting. He's got tools all over the place, but is pretty raw. The question is whether he can polish his offensive game enough to play big minutes. He's big enough that maybe he can just bully guys at the 5, but that might not be enough to make him a starter.

Last edited:
It feels pretty inevitable that the Jazz are going to draft Filipowski to be our new playmaking big, doesn't it? He seems to be the most skilled inside-outside big, and he'll be in our draft range.

Walker Kessler only played 17 mins. last night, and it just seems like the Jazz want more spacing for our guards to drive the ball. Filipowski can also sneak a few minutes at the 4 if the Jazz want to go to a three-big lineup like they've done in the past.

Last edited:
Tyrese Proctor has some redundancy with Keyonte, but in the late 1st or early 2nd I think he's a no-brainer pick. He's a slightly more natural playmaker than Keyonte, imo, he has NBA size, and he makes plays at NBA speed. He should be able to soak up quality minutes and give the Jazz more versatility, while Keyonte can focus more on scoring the ball. He'll be a real playmaker, as opposed to Sexton or Clarkson.

Last edited:
I think Tyler Smith will probably be as good as Jabari Smith offensively. Defensively, he's not quite as sharp. Not sure if that's a player the Jazz would want, but he should be an upgrade over John Collins as a stretch big despite his rebounding numbers being a bit soft. Lauri, Hendricks and Smith would definitely space the perimeter. Hendricks could potentially add enough help defense and rebounding to make it work defensively.

Still, it would be nice if the Jazz had another guy who could really handle and pass.
One of the things I like best about Tyler Smith is supposedly he has a great work ethic.

Tyrese Proctor has some redundancy with Keyonte, but in the late 1st or early 2nd I think he's a no-brainer pick. He's a slightly more natural playmaker than Keyonte, imo, he has NBA size, and he makes plays at NBA speed. He should be able to soak up quality minutes and give the Jazz more versatility, while Keyonte can focus more on scoring the ball. He'll be a real playmaker, as opposed to Sexton or Clarkson.
His shooting just scares me. I only think he is a mid second pick at this point.

I would take Alexander over him. I have liked Carrington too but still don't know h right now.

It feels pretty inevitable that the Jazz are going to draft Filipowski to be our new playmaking big, doesn't it? He seems to be the most skilled inside-outside big, and he'll be in our draft range.

Walker Kessler only played 17 mins. last night, and it just seems like the Jazz want more spacing for our guards to drive the ball. Filipowski can also sneak a few minutes at the 4 if the Jazz want to go to a three-big lineup like they've done in the past.
Hardy wants Walker to play hard and not be soft

I don't really see any redundancy between the 2. Key has that lead guard mentality while Proctor is more of that passive role player type. I wouldn't mind the pick with a one of those 2 picks but I have a feeling there will be a few other players that I prefer.

It's kinda unsexy to talk about upperclassmen but I just have a gut feeling that Coleman Hawkins is going to be one of those 2nd round gems that ends up having a 10 year NBA career. I recall watching him back during his Prolific Prep days while a teammate of Jalen Green. He has NBA ready athleticism and every element of his game except the outside shot. This season, it's finally come along for him. It looks like he's finally turned the corner on letting it fly confidently and consistently.

He's a late bloomer who stayed in school but is ready made to contribute with NBA athleticism and size at 6'10/6'11.

I think his most underrated quality is actually his passing. He would actually be the best passing big on the current Jazz. Check out his creating from the mid post and his catch and shoot from range in this Syracuse game that he dominated. I think he's even better now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8-t3wPaaM&ab_channel=LeagueHim

Like Proctor should probably just be a 4 year guy?

He's super young for his class iirc. I'm sure Duke money crazy for NIL. I think he will still be a pro prospect if he's a senior.

It's kinda unsexy to talk about upperclassmen but I just have a gut feeling that Coleman Hawkins is going to be one of those 2nd round gems that ends up having a 10 year NBA career. I recall watching him back during his Prolific Prep days while a teammate of Jalen Green. He has NBA ready athleticism and every element of his game except the outside shot. This season, it's finally come along for him. It looks like he's finally turned the corner on letting it fly confidently and consistently.

He's a late bloomer who stayed in school but is ready made to contribute with NBA athleticism and size at 6'10/6'11.

I think his most underrated quality is actually his passing. He would actually be the best passing big on the current Jazz. Check out his creating from the mid post and his catch and shoot from range in this Syracuse game that he dominated:

He sucks. Another idea of a player

I think his most underrated quality is actually his passing. He would actually be the best passing big on the current Jazz. Check out his creating from the mid post and his catch and shoot from range in this Syracuse game that he dominated. I think he's even better now.

This is exactly why the college game sucks. Guy is just standing at mid post with nobody even near him, tapping balls left and right without a care in the world like it's 1983 in the NBA. FFS... I mean it's good to be a willing passer, but 95% of those lines wouldn't even exist in the league today. This dude is not a good enough interior scorer to collapse the D, so in the NBA he'd be staring a hyper long 7+ footer in the face and wondering "What do I do now? Maybe try my line drive jump hook?"

And that's if he'd even get the ball in there, which is not a given these days.

Pelle Larson is intriguing as a hyper efficient connector.
He made a mistake not sticking around at Utah where he would have had an opportunity to be a major focal point and expand his game. I think he could be an nba guy but he is also frustrating because I don't think he has actually gotten that much better since his freshman season at Utah.