What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I’m still catching up, so sorry for the random posts and questions that may have already been addressed.

1. Is Chomche a draft and stash candidate? We have or will soon have a prospect logjam.
2. I am intrigued by Pelle Larsson.

I’m still catching up, so sorry for the random posts and questions that may have already been addressed.

1. Is Chomche a draft and stash candidate? We have or will soon have a prospect logjam.
Chomche is not a stash guy. I assume he will be a 2-way guy in the GLeague for someone.

Yes, I do think Pelle is underrated. I have him in the 20s

3. I think I like Tristan Da Silva more than Cody Williams. Yes, I understand there is a significant age/experience gap.

Yes, he is willing to play in Europe from what I read. Get a couple of seconds and be creative.

If he wanted to play in Europe entering the draft makes no sense.
Yes it is not the typical route - I think it is his comfort level with French (he speaks French) vs English. His agency is Klutch and they have some power. He says he is flexible with most options but he wants to play and not worry about college. Big money is in the NBA so when does come over he doesn't have to do 5 years for a big contract. Develop his skills one year in the French league and just jump right in. But hey I'm just checking Twitter every day on his status so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I’m definitely down to take Chomche 32 if he’s stashable in Europe. I’m still not a huge fan of the G League developmental path and he’s not ready for the NBA.

Feels like there could be a huge slide for someone that’s been mocked way higher than 29 most of the year and maybe you just pick that guy (a la Sensabaugh, GG Jackson: don’t overthink it here when you are terrible and have too many picks).

I’m definitely down to take Chomche 32 if he’s stashable in Europe. I’m still not a huge fan of the G League developmental path and he’s not ready for the NBA.

Feels like there could be a huge slide for someone that’s been mocked way higher than 29 most of the year and maybe you just pick that guy.
Most teams are.drafting like the Jazz nowadays not sure how we can out do other teams

4. Tyler Kolek jumps off the screen to me more than most players I’ve watched.

5. Isaiah Collier being mocked in the 20’s in this draft seems crazy to me.
I think Tyler Kolek is one of the most underrated players in this draft. I have him pretty high on my board.

Yes it is not the typical route - I think it is his comfort level with French (he speaks French) vs English. His agency is Klutch and they have some power. He says he is flexible with most options but he wants to play and not worry about college. Big money is in the NBA so when does come over he doesn't have to do 5 years for a big contract. Develop his skills one year in the French league and just jump right in. But hey I'm just checking Twitter every day on his status so take it with a grain of salt.
He wouldn't enter the draft to go to Europe, he would just go to Europe. If he stayed in I'm assuming he has assurances he will get placed on a 2-way

I'm warming up on Edey, even on the Jazz straight up taking him at 10.

The thing that terrifies me about him is this: I think we'll know right away whether the pick was bad. Certainly by the first preseason game, if not by the first preseason practice, perhaps even the first summer league game, or maybe even the first summer league practice, it will be immediately apparent whether he's physically capable of doing the things an NBA center needs to do defensively.

We've never seen Edey on an NBA court with NBA caliber athletes and NBA rules, and so there is speculation on what it will look like. But I think it will not take long to determine whether he'll be unplayable, playable under limited circumstances, or that he's someone with rotation/rotation+ level potential.

On the one hand, it's good to know quickly what you have. But we also could be sitting here on July 12 fully knowing that we blew our draft.

I think Tyler Kolek is one of the most underrated players in this draft. I have him pretty high on my board.
Seems like every year, at least one player everyone has written off as too old or unathletic but is REALLY GOOD turns out to be REALLY GOOD in the NBA.

I should’ve more strongly believed what I was watching with Jaquez but I was pretty obnoxious on Podz the last few weeks before the draft last year.

There are a lot of good looking older players in this draft, but historically speaking only a few of them will hit. I posted a similar study earlier, but here is another one that shows a drop off after 21.

There are 12 or 13 older guys in this draft that are being mocked in the top 40. I'm not sure how that compares to other drafts, but seems high. Historically only 3 or 4 of them will hit.

The thing that terrifies me about him is this: I think we'll know right away whether the pick was bad. Certainly by the first preseason game, if not by the first preseason practice, perhaps even the first summer league game, or maybe even the first summer league practice, it will be immediately apparent whether he's physically capable of doing the things an NBA center needs to do defensively.

We've never seen Edey on an NBA court with NBA caliber athletes and NBA rules, and so there is speculation on what it will look like. But I think it will not take long to determine whether he'll be unplayable, playable under limited circumstances, or that he's someone with rotation/rotation+ level potential.

On the one hand, it's good to know quickly what you have. But we also could be sitting here on July 12 fully knowing that we blew our draft.
I think UCONN was a pretty good indication of what he can do in the NBA.

I think he has a Zubac's impact imo. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Kessler