What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Would that apply to all 14 lottery picks and any GM that picked him?
I believe she was referring that Edey would be a reach in the lottery. If you use a lottery pick on him, he better work out or your job could be in jeopardy.

I believe she was referring that Edey would be a reach in the lottery. If you use a lottery pick on him, he better work out or your job could be in jeopardy.
Yeah, but why him more than any other prospect? Seems silly. Edey is going to be productive 100%. He's the least fireable pick.

Yeah, but why him more than any other prospect? Seems silly. Edey is going to be productive 100%. He's the least fireable pick.
Yeah, it was a dumb thing to say. I can kind of see it from the standpoint of Edey is a polarizing prospect, but still kind of a silly thing to say.

I generally like Peek though, so I won't crucify her for it.

Yeah, it was a dumb thing to say. I can kind of see it from the standpoint of Edey is a polarizing prospect, but still kind of a silly thing to say.

I generally like Peek though, so I won't crucify her for it.
I think this draft could get a lot of GM's fired...

If I were the Rockets, I'd trade the pick at #3. There's a market for Clingan, Sheppard and Castle, and I probably wouldn't have conviction in any of those options if I were the Rockets. The closest would be Sheppard because he can shoot, but he'd get limited minutes behind Fred VanVleet and Amen Thompson for the next 2 years of FVV's contract. I'd still need to move Jalen Green. In other words, I don't think I'm getting anything that helps me win in the next couple of seasons. What the Rockets need is shooting on the wing and some help-side rim protection. Holland and Buzelis aren't compelling either.

I might be interested in Sarr if the Hawks want to trade back for Clingan.

If I were the Rockets, I'd trade the pick at #3. There's a market for Clingan, Sheppard and Castle, and I probably wouldn't have conviction in any of those options if I were the Rockets. The closest would be Sheppard because he can shoot, but he'd get limited minutes behind Fred VanVleet and Amen Thompson for the next 2 years of FVV's contract. I'd still need to move Jalen Green. In other words, I don't think I'm getting anything that helps me win in the next couple of seasons. What the Rockets need is shooting on the wing and some help-side rim protection. Holland and Buzelis aren't compelling either.

I might be interested in Sarr if the Hawks want to trade back for Clingan.
I'm sure they are trying to trade it. The return is just going to be mediocre and can they swallow getting such a return for the 3rd overall pick?

Or if you are DL and you draft Trey Lyles because you think he has good balance and you follow up with drafting Udoka.

Lyles is actually pretty decent for a 12 pick. Sucks that we didn't get Booker, but 8 guys of the 11 guys drafted ahead of him are out of the league. We flipped him for good value too.

Krysten Peek said on her podcast that if you draft Edey in the lottery, and he doesn't work out, that it is a fireable offense. Do you think Ryan would ever fire DA for a bad draft pick?
I think in this draft this is a preposterous take. This is the crapshoot of crapshoots of a draft and I have my own questions about Edey, but Edey at least has the size and skill to be a rotation player in the league. Some of those players projected in the lottery might be out of the league by the end of their rookie contracts.

Back