What's new

2024 NBA Draft Reaction Thread

the only player i didnt want was cody williams. i thought he was too slow. but he is a jazz man now and has my support. summer league has not put my concerns to rest. maybe a year of weight training and if he can speed up his shot he will be good.

the only player i didnt want was cody williams. i thought he was too slow. but he is a jazz man now and has my support. summer league has not put my concerns to rest. maybe a year of weight training and if he can speed up his shot he will be good.
As far as mid-usage rookies in SL go, he's been one of the best. Everyone else is forcing a ton of stuff and getting meh results. He played a lot like he's going to be asked to play on the main team.

For reference, Buzelis's usage is at 30% and Williams was at 18%. Buzelis had to have 30% usage to score 18 on 18 shots per game and average less than an assist per game. Those stats will be even worse after today's performance.

There's enough to be excited about with Buzelis with his ability to get a shot off and athleticism, but he also was awful offensively for a guy who spent a year playing against pros and should be ahead to the curve compared to players in his age group.

Buzelis vs Williams is going to be interesting to follow. I kept flip flopping between the two.

If you need a potential star, I think you go with Buzelis. But if you still intend to acquire that potential star, which I believe we do, I think you go with Williams. Better defense, better shooter, much better fit around a ball dominant star.

I think we made the right choice in the long run.

Buzelis final splits are 34/21 with a 1:3 assist to turnover ratio and less points than shots per game.

Really nice stocks though!

Wizard fans have got to be freaking out about Sarr's summer league performance. Averaging 5.5 points per game...wooof

The Jazz are really lucky that Cody Williams got to them at #10. Several unlikely things happened, not the least of which was the Spurs punting on their #8 pick. Cody really should have been taken at 5, 6 or 8.

Back