What's new

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

If the Jazz do plan to renegotiate and extend Lauri in August, how much functional cap space do they actually have? Anybody know?

View: https://x.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1807162670526959814

Looks like the Jazz want Juzang back

Unless we trade multiple players for one, free agency may be non existent for the Jazz

Under Contract (or rights owned)

Sexton - Keyonte - Collier - (Preston 2W)
Williams - Clarkson - (Juzang RFA)
Markkanen - Sensabaugh - (Procida - Euro)
Hendricks - Lofton - Bazley
Kessler - Collins - Filipowski - Yurtseven

Free Agents
THT - Dunn - Samanic - Lewis, Potter

I don’t think any of the free agents come back, and I could see the Jazz trying to add one more SF/PF type of player in free agency. Personally, I’d just bring over Procida on an 4 year contract (last year being a team option) and count this season as a redshirt year for him.

Clarkson definitely isn't a lost cause. Players of his ilk can have outlier bad seasons randomly and return the next year back to form. Get him back in a role that makes sense and he could have a career year. He's gotten undeniably better under Hardy, I think he just needs his overall load dialed back a bit
I'm not sure how he has gotten undeniably better under Hardy when he his coming off the worst season of his career. Yeah he probably will snap back a little but I really want to see those minutes go to younger guys rather than a 32yr old Clarkson. If we have the opportunity to swap his contract for a similar one like Gabe Vincent then I say we jump on it. I wouldn't feel bad about sitting Vincent on the bench in favor of younger guys while I would with Clarkson because I do like him.

I just want them to bring back Kris Dunn. I have a feeling this is finally going to be the summer he unlocks his Popeye from downtown. And makes a 50% jump in made threes going into next season.

I just want them to bring back Kris Dunn. I have a feeling this is finally going to be the summer he unlocks his Popeye from downtown. And makes a 50% jump in made threes going into next season.
I would be really surprised if he doesn't join a contender.

If the Jazz do plan to renegotiate and extend Lauri in August, how much functional cap space do they actually have? Anybody know?
Depends on how much we give Lauri this year. We are opening up FA with around 38M worth of salary cap space. Assume we have around 20-25M to work with or so barring any trades.

Depends on how much we give Lauri this year. We are opening up FA with around 38M worth of salary cap space. Assume we have around 20-25M to work with or so barring any trades.
That’s not bad at all. I’d like to see the Jazz extend Lauri, bring over Procida and maybe add one more guy.

Back