What's new

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

I'd trade Walker if someone did some weird overpay, but who is going to overpay for a center without offense who is coming off a letdown season? I think the interest around Walker 100% revolved around the idea that Utah didnt like him and there could be a value trade for a team, but I dont think that is the case. I also dont buy that Utah would trade Walker with the motivation being to lose more games.

The only trade for Walker that makes sense currently (that I'm aware of) is around Ingram if the Walker inclusion means no picks have to go New Orleans way. Maybe the Hawks with a deal around Capela for Walker/Clarkson if Atlanta is willing to deal pick(s)/Dyson Daniels.

Last edited:
I'd trade Walker if someone did some weird overpay, but who is going to overpay for a center without offense who is coming off a letdown season? I think the interest around Walker 100% revolved around the idea that Utah didnt like him and there could be a value trade for a team, but I dont think that is the case. I also dont buy that Utah would trade Walker with the motivation being to lose more games.

The only trade for Walker that makes sense currently (that I'm aware of) is around Ingram if the Walker inclusion means no picks have to go New Orleans way. Maybe the Hawks with a deal around Capela for Walker/Clarkson if Atlanta is willing to deal pick(s)/Dyson Daniels.
I’ve been meaning to mention this somewhere, but seriously denting Kessler’s value is a serious cost to the “free” acquisition of Collins.

I’ve been meaning to mention this somewhere, but seriously denting Kessler’s value is a serious cost to the “free” acquisition of Collins.
Yeah I mentioned that last preseason when everyone was still celebrating getting him for Rudy Gay. They are stuck with Collins for at least another season and as the highest paid player (until Lauri's extension) he's definitely getting minutes this coming season regardless if he starts or not. It will be another season of Hardy juggling minutes between Collins and Kessler. Makes it a little difficult to raise trade value especially when the team isn't trying to win games.

Having Collins just feels like a bit of an anchor. Same with Clarkson especially if Hardy is giving him 30 minutes a night.

If they are not in the long term plans, I'm fine if they deal either Kessler or Sexton before camp as I see obstacles in raising trade value for either one. Maybe they could eek out a bit more value but why mess around and win additional games ahead of the trade deadline. We've already been down that road the past 2 seasons.

Now if they're only getting mediocre offers for Kessler of course Jazz should keep him regardless of their true feelings toward him.

The Jazz resigned Micah Potter to a two way contract which I thought he was ineligible for and Luka signed with a team in Turkey.

Last edited:
Wait, he said he's moving out of salt lake four days ago then the Jazz re-sign him? So this was kind of a surprise for him?
Sounds like it. Might be a situation where he just allows his agent to more or less run the show/make the decisions. Also sounds like he wasn't expecting to know where he would be this quickly.

But yeah, wonder what changed. I don't think many here were predicting Potter to return (or even realized he was eligible for another two-way).

Sounds like it. Might be a situation where he just allows his agent to more or less run the show/make the decisions. Also sounds like he wasn't expecting to know where he would be this quickly.

But yeah, wonder what changed. I don't think many here were predicting Potter to return (or even realized he was eligible for another two-way).
I know the Jazz loved Potter as a person/worker. Sounds like he could be a future coach kind of guy, but I thought he couldn't be a 2-way guy for Utah anymore due to rules.

In the last week there have been a boatload of international signings. Players with Jazz ties include Luka, Juwan Morgan, Denzel Valentine, Ray John Tucker, Ian Clark, Eric Paschal, Matty Ice, Carsen Edwards, and Malik Fitts.

Wondering if GSW pivots to Ingram now. Could a 3-team where the Jazz send Kessler and Collins to NOP, NOP sends Ingram to GSW, and GSW sends dead salary and picks to Utah make sense?

1. We don’t know that.
2. We need the value now. That’s the whole point.
3. whatever value he does recover is likely eaten up by the fact he will have 25-50% less time under his cheap contract which adds to his value tremendously.

Wondering if GSW pivots to Ingram now. Could a 3-team where the Jazz send Kessler and Collins to NOP, NOP sends Ingram to GSW, and GSW sends dead salary and picks to Utah make sense?
Shams said they don't want Ingram or lavine. Said it will be smaller deals most likely. LOL

Back