What's new

2024 NBA Offseason

I was 100% wrong on Davion Mitchell. I thought he would be an above average quality starter. Has been a major disappointment.

This probably isn’t the thread but how do we offload both JCs? I know we’ve said just keep Collins but I’d rather those minutes go to Hendricks, Kessler and Filipowski. Just clear the deck. I wish there was a (salary) way to get Clarkson to LA in exchange for protection removal.

My hope for the offseason

Move Clarkson for anything. I would even consider giving a second to get him off the roster.

See if there are any decent offers for Collins. I would prefer a 1st especially next year.

I just want both of them off the roster.

This probably isn’t the thread but how do we offload both JCs? I know we’ve said just keep Collins but I’d rather those minutes go to Hendricks, Kessler and Filipowski. Just clear the deck. I wish there was a (salary) way to get Clarkson to LA in exchange for protection removal.
Its pretty simple really... just wait two years and they gone.

Clarkson I think will still be able to get neutral value or close to it. Collins likely on the roster. At this point I don't see us finding a sucker to just take them into space... and when you wait to do that it limits the impact as FA is usually over. This is why us so generously taking Collins and solving all of Atlanta's cap crunch last year was so bad.

My guess is Clarkson is move for an expiring and Collins stays unless Detroit whiffs in finding profitable salary dumps. At the trade deadline we might find a taker that will give an expiring deal.

Right now we'd have to sweeten the pot I think and I am not quite ready to do that.

or we turn them both into Zach Lavine.

Its pretty simple really... just wait two years and they gone.

Clarkson I think will still be able to get neutral value or close to it. Collins likely on the roster. At this point I don't see us finding a sucker to just take them into space... and when you wait to do that it limits the impact as FA is usually over. This is why us so generously taking Collins and solving all of Atlanta's cap crunch last year was so bad.

My guess is Clarkson is move for an expiring and Collins stays unless Detroit whiffs in finding profitable salary dumps. At the trade deadline we might find a taker that will give an expiring deal.

Right now we'd have to sweeten the pot I think and I am not quite ready to do that.

or we turn them both into Zach Lavine.
How do we get DL to want Collins? We need to pull off some kind of inception move here.