2nd Jazz win! - Jazz at Rockets: 6pm MT

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Wes Mantooth, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    Team.

2. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I wish we would have just gotten swept.

I can already hear DL this summer... "We looked at hard at our options during the draft and free agency. We looked hard into trade possibilities. We tried a few things that didn't pan out. But look we feel good about bringing all of our guys back, Ricky and Derrick especially. We feel like staying the course with this group is the right way to go because of how well we performed in the playoffs. We beat Houston in game 4. We were right there with them in games 3 and 5. If a couple of things bounce our way we could have won that series. We feel like we're good enough to compete with anyone. Chemistry is important. We like our guys and they like each other. We feel like we can get better through internal growth. We're young. We're excited to see what this group can do next year."

UGGGGHHHH **** **** ****

3. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Warriors-Houston
    Warriors-Portland
    Warriors-Bucks
    Bucks

4. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    2/22 on a 1+1 for Rubio.

Who says no?

Jazzta likes this.
  5. latin jazz

latin jazz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    As currently constituted, we have no margin of error if DM is cold. DL needs to address the offense this offseason. If not, it would be a complete failure on the front office part.

6. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    He's the only guy on our entire team who gets double teamed from the 3 point line in.

The guy played awful, but every single player on the team says that Mitchell is the guy they trust. He's a "ballhog" because he's told to be that guy.

7. themanknownassting

themanknownassting Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Great season! From how bad we were the first of the year. We had a great season. Let’s make the necessary changes and beat some *** next year

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Jazzta likes this.
  8. Ostertag>Duncan

May 26, 2010
    Naw, he'll do something. For better or for worse.

9. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Thanks for the season everyone!! It's been a great ride. Love this team so much. I love only some of you so much.

Have a fantastic summer and see you in Rocktober!!!!!

10. Hekate

Hekate Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    This series felt very different from last year. We were close the last 3 games, very competitive but the nerves of an elimination game got to us on the road. We should have reacted sooner, played hard from the beginning and we could make it a 7 game series. I am somewhat encouraged by the reaction the team as whole gave. Couple of changes here and there, and we can make it past these guys.

And I am sure players know this is on them, Quin and the coaching staff was brilliant.

firegirl and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  11. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Me but I'm just so over the hard ceiling on this team right now that I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to be deciding these kinds of things. Just want a big shake up.

JimLes likes this.
  12. cowhide

cowhide Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    More shooting woes in Houston. Just an awful game from DM. I give the Jazz a lot of credit for the effort but you can't win on the road shooting 37 percent and 23 percent as a team. The only guys who shot it well were Oneil and Rubio. Not surprised they lost, it just sucks it had to be against the Rockets. Hopefully, losing the Jazz FO will realize that significant changes need to be made.

The sad part is this may have been Favors last game in a Jazz uniform. I have always appreciated Favors but he needs to start at center in order to get the playing time he deserves.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  13. Hornacekamania

Hornacekamania Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Never mind. We’re ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ostertag>Duncan

May 26, 2010
    You're not going to be here for the draft? Amateur.

NPC D4617 likes this.
  15. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Who do we cheer for now?
    Bucks or Trailblazers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. l Abach l

l Abach l Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I say no. Give me a PG who can shoot the 3 and not air ball a wide open corner 3. Rubio has heart, but he can't coexist with Gobert. Jazz need 4 starters with range..

17. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Is he a starter? Did we add a scoring talent elsewhere?

18. r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t Well-Known Member Contributor

Jun 1, 2010
    rudy was a deer in the headlights out there. weird.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  19. reignman40

reignman40 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Crapela grabs Rudy's arm on the rebound and nothing is called, ever.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

Stars Fan and LoPo like this.
  20. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Not down on anyone. Yes, Mitchell looked bad for a lot of the series, as did Gobert and Ingles. But, all these guys and Quin are doing the best they can. We have a team that’s constructed to win when the stars align, and that’s not a good strategy to roll the dice on. People will have off games, and that’s to be expected, but for us to win it requires most everyone being on, so whoever is off it looks like they share a large part of the blame. When you don’t make a couple moves to help offense (Korver isn’t enough, and he didn’t even play this series), you’re stuck crossing your fingers. DL’s wife tweeted out how DL had three different games streaming that last night of the regular season, so he was doing exactly what all of us were doing — hoping somebody else could bail us out of our Houston first round fate.

Hekate and Ostertag>Duncan like this.