What's new

2nd Jazz win! - Jazz at Rockets: 6pm MT

That last minute sucked, but at least I'm glad I've watched the last of Jazzfanz pissing on Ricky Rubio, who's been far and away the best and most consistent Jazz player this series, just like he was great last year against OKC.

15.4 points, 8.6 assists, 2.4 steals, extremely low TO%, by far the best +/- out of the starting 5 this series (Crowder instead of Favors) and a leader on the floor who wouldn't go down without a fight even in G2. The team felt it almost every time he went to the bench. And yet reading this board and watching so-called Jazz fans nitpick on each and every miss, you'd think he was crap, when he's been the guy with the biggest heart, most hustle and the one who's found the holes in the Rockets defense time and again to keep the Jazz in the games. Only Royce O'Neale (kudos to him, he's been great overall) and Favors to a lesser extent have been equally succesful and positive for this team, while the incredibly overrated Joe Ingles had another disappearing act, Donovan Mitchell (whom I love, but won't pretend he's a star *yet*) showed once again he's not ready to lead a team and less of all as a PG / main playmaker (you gotta be either blind or extremely dumb to still think otherwise) and Rudy kept giving away possesions with his weak hands and lack of coordination (I won't go into his utter lack of offensive game because he makes up for it on D, but his fumbling the ball is just too costly).

Direct your frustrations elsewhere, because Ricky Rubio has been great once again in the playoffs and he's proven he's a winner who unlike others never gives up. And rejoice, because most probably starting next fall you're either going to see Donovan Mitchell, The Walking Ded or a mediocre starting PG in the East like Tomas Satoransky "lead" this team. We'll see how the Jazz turn into a real contender when your wishes come true.

Mate he’s scored 15 ppg because the rockets don’t bother defending him

Done having kids. Might as well.

There's so many people on this board NOT using their brains but dying to have Jrue. They can donate their brains for research. The public pressure on the Pelicans and NBA going to be so big after that, so Adam Silver steps in and brokers Jrue to DedEx and Favors deal.

Last edited:

Actually he had his points by driving to the rim and from FT lines. Are you suggesting they rolled him red carpet to the rim ? And the 8.6 assists ? Also because of no defense ? Stop hating, douchebag. Yes he missed a ton of 3s, but he's been arguably the best performer on this sorry team.

Dude, you're so clueless that it's funny. Please tell me your horrible takes come from not watching the games. That would make it stupid for you to give an opinion, but at least it'd justify being so awfully wrong every time you open your mouth.

Rubio's taken 41% of his shots under tight or very tight coverage, which is well beyond his regular season numbers (32%), and practically all of those were 2-pt FG attempts, which is where he's been scoring all series long.

Freaking Joe Ingles has taken just 13.5% of his shots under tight defense, and 0% under very tight (0-2 ft) conditions (and he's shot 32% from the floor. ****ing amazing). An excellent scorer like Eric Gordon who's been killing the Jazz all series? Less than a combined 32%. Chris Paul? 38.5%. I guess the Jazz were less worried about them than the Rockets were about Rubio.

You may want to think about refraining from posting such ******** in the future. It's way too obvious.

Dude, you're so clueless that it's funny. Please tell me your horrible takes come from not watching the games. That would make it stupid for you to give an opinion, but at least it'd justify being so awfully wrong every time you open your mouth.

Rubio's taken 41% of his shots under tight or very tight coverage, which is well beyond his regular season numbers (32%), and practically all of those were 2-pt FG attempts, which is where he's been scoring all series long.

Freaking Joe Ingles has taken just 13.5% of his shots under tight defense, and 0% under very tight (0-2 ft) conditions (and he's shot 32% from the floor. ****ing amazing). An excellent scorer like Eric Gordon who's been killing the Jazz all series? Less than a combined 32%. Chris Paul? 38.5%. I guess the Jazz were less worried about them than the Rockets were about Rubio.

You may want to think about refraining from posting such ******** in the future. It's way too obvious.

So I know I haven't posted before but have been reading the posts. I have to say that Ingles wasn't on this year possibly due to his son's diagnosis. I as a parent know how that can affect you. I think it has taken a lot out of him this year. Hopefully he will be better next year. As for Mitchell didn't Jordan have a few losses before he knew how to take over games later in his career? I think we are a good PG and added scorer away plus experience to go further in the playoffs in future years.

Cheers!!

This was an interesting approach to keeping Harden from shooting his back step three I thought. R rated jokes in 3, 2, 1...

tyzvgunvk7fwnqvgl7wb.gif

[QUOTE = "Douchebag K, post: 1754917, miembro: 2990"] Mate ha anotado 15 ppg porque los cohetes no se molestan en defenderlo [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Sugarless, post: 1754926, miembro: 5184"] Amigo, eres tan despistado que es gracioso. Por favor, dime que tus horribles tomas vienen de no ver los juegos. Eso haría que fuera estúpido dar una opinión, pero al menos justificaría estar tan equivocado cada vez que abres la boca.

Rubio tomó el 41% de sus tiros bajo una cobertura ajustada o muy apretada, lo que está muy por encima de sus números de temporada regular (32%), y prácticamente todos fueron intentos de FG de 2 puntos, que es donde ha estado anotando todas las series.

El maldito Joe Ingles ha tomado solo el 13.5% de sus tiros en defensa cerrada, y el 0% en condiciones muy ajustadas (0-2 pies) (y ha disparado el 32% desde el piso. Es increíble). ¿Un excelente anotador como Eric Gordon que ha estado matando todas las series del Jazz? Menos de un 32% combinado. Chris Paul? 38.5%. Supongo que los Jazz estaban menos preocupados por ellos que los Rockets por Rubio.

Es posible que desee pensar en abstenerse de publicar tales ******** en el futuro. Es demasiado obvio. [/ QUOTE]
Realmente este sitio esta lleno de personajes que no merece la pena ni contestar.

Playing Rudy over Favors cost us the game....
dudes... I was gonna say this... but it's difficult to admit...
I had no confidence in the outcome when Rudy came back in for Favors. This is a giant problem for us. Rudy has been great for us, but he's left me with very mixed feelings in our playoff losses. He has to get better and getting HIS OWN. Plain and simple.

dudes... I was gonna say this... but it's difficult to admit...
I had no confidence in the outcome when Rudy came back in for Favors. This is a giant problem for us. Rudy has been great for us, but he's left me with very mixed feelings in our playoff losses. He has to get better and getting HIS OWN. Plain and simple.
I don't think it is that simple. Favors' speed in that defensive scheme was critical as well. He also has better hands. I thought the **** about Rudy's weak hands was a bunch of noise, but that **** came back to bite us hard.

I still don't think they work together, and I still can't wrap my head around trading Gobert. I still think your best bet is help Rudy by clearing space and that he keeps chipping away at his weaknesses.

But yes, Favors was far more effective in this series. Might even be a better player in all. But he has a bad injury history and Rudy is the heart and soul of the team.

I don't think it is that simple. Favors' speed in that defensive scheme was critical as well. He also has better hands. I thought the **** about Rudy's weak hands was a bunch of noise, but that **** came back to bite us hard.

I still don't think they work together, and I still can't wrap my head around trading Gobert. I still think your best bet is help Rudy by clearing space and that he keeps chipping away at his weaknesses.

But yes, Favors was far more effective in this series. Might even be a better player in all. But he has a bad injury history and Rudy is the heart and soul of the team.
Maybe you misunderstood my post that you quoted, because I'm 100% in agreement with everything you just typed.

We need more space. And we need that space to be created, in-part, by another all-star caliber guard or wing. Them's just the plain facts.

I think the best thing we could do to help Gobert out offensively is try to build the roster similarly to how Houston has built theirs. They have shooting at every position but center, Capela is surrounded by great shooting and the floor is completely spread and they have such great spacing. Rolling out a starting lineup that includes two non shooters in Rubio and Favors is doing Rudy absolutely no Favors.

I do genuinely hope that people aren’t too discouraged because there’s a major silver lining to all of this: my wife and I’s anniversary is Friday and we’re going to Vegas to see Sarah McLachlan and now I won’t be distracted by checking the score the whole night.

Enjoy - I saw her a few years ago with Josh Groban, and she was great. Funny and personable and obviously talented.

I think the best thing we could do to help Gobert out offensively is try to build the roster similarly to how Houston has built theirs. They have shooting at every position but center, Capela is surrounded by great shooting and the floor is completely spread ....
Not just shooters. They have two elite PnR ball-handlers who also shoot + can get a lot of unassisted shots. We have nobody that fits that description (I wouldn't call Mitchell and elite PnR ball-handler yet... and Ingles doesn't do enough at a high volume).