What's new

Pierce is over the hill, Stephenson, and Josh Smith are overrated and head cases, and they have an 80 million dollar center who can't hit a free throw to save his neck! They have no chance to get past the Spurs this year....NO CHANCE!

That looks like one of those teams that on paper will be great but in reality has too many morons to overcome.

High level of talent for sure, but failed to strengthen their biggest need, shooting.

It's hard to believe Pierce really has much left in the tank.

Sucks to say but the Clippers have one of the most overall talented roster in the NBA wow

PG - Paul / Rivers
SG - JJ / Craw
SF - Pierce / Stephenson / Wesley Johnson
PF - Griffin / Josh Smith
C - DeAndre / Aldrich

Their depth or lack thereof killed them last season but this year I think it's one of their strengths......The West is so talented from 1 - 12...I've always liked the idea of conference style playoffs but it's kind of pathetic when comparing the West to the East.

Houston should be better.

High level of talent for sure, but failed to strengthen their biggest need, shooting.

It's hard to believe Pierce really has much left in the tank.

Why? He looked good in the playoffs this year, I assume he can continue play well enough to help the team. Pierce is a good shooter.

Sucks to say but the Clippers have one of the most overall talented roster in the NBA wow

PG - Paul / Rivers
SG - JJ / Craw
SF - Pierce / Stephenson / Wesley Johnson
PF - Griffin / Josh Smith
C - DeAndre / Aldrich

Their depth or lack thereof killed them last season but this year I think it's one of their strengths......The West is so talented from 1 - 12...I've always liked the idea of conference style playoffs but it's kind of pathetic when comparing the West to the East.

i think their bench stinks nearly as bad as it did last year.

With guys like Pierce, Stephenson and Smith forcing shot after shot....they will be down by 20 points faster than ever before!

That's like a '99 Blazers roster. Good depth, a couple crazies, nobody over the top good that will take you to the chip though(of course Rasheed won one a few years later - so you never know).

That's like a '99 Blazers roster. Good depth, a couple crazies, nobody over the top good that will take you to the chip though(of course Rasheed won one a few years later - so you never know).

Paul and Blake can take them to the chip, for sure. They just had terrible shooting and depth in the past. Now they fixed their depth but didn't really address shooting, actually getting way worse with Lance and Smith. They should still be a very good team if Doc actually uses and trust his bench.

Like my chemistry teacher always used to say: "It's all about..."

****. I forget what it was about.
I think it was "If you're not part of the solution you're part of the precipitate."

Or maybe that isn't it either.

Stephenson is a shooting guard.

He can't shoot Cy? He's capable of shooting well over 50% from 2 and his 3 point shot is average when motivated. He's a huge acquisition if he bounces back from his crying in Charlotte over the Pacers not giving him an offer worth what his agent said he was worth.