What's new

#48 Jazz and Blazers part II, The Rose Garden of Doom...8pm MTn

It'd be one thing if the Jazz lost from lack of talent, but it is ****ing infuriating seeing them lose because of how stupid they play.

I thought marvin fouled hickson on that steal attempt.
We definately miss hayward and mo.
It seemed to me that pretty much everyone contributed to the loss tonight, vets and youth, other than demarre. (carroll was pretty damn good tonight) Foye and marvin both had nice stretches too.

Like catchall said, out point guard play kills us..... Man it would be sweet to have lillard.

I like that corbin tried 2 different big lineups. (once with millsap, favors, and kanter.... once with jeffy, favors, millsap)

WOW jefferson is good for absolutely nothing he is not crashing the boards. and plays 0 defense.

kanter with his 0-7 night is still having a better impact on the game then jefferson

Welcome to your 2012-13 Jazz. J.J. Hickson 21&11 on 11 FG attempts. Goodnight.

Just got back from the game. Corbin actually made some changes, which I liked. He made offensive/defensive subs for once, just not the one possession they really needed it. He really just brought them in to foul, not defense. Fun game, but can't win when you don't hit shots.

Pretty pathetic that the Jazz couldn't beat the Blazers who have the worst bench in the NBA and were missing their starting SG and backup PG, while on the second night of a back to back.

I really really want Burks to develop at the PG position and this is the time to do it. If Burks becomes a PG, that's a serious matchup problem every night for any team.

He's gotta be able to change the pace of the game, shoot the 3 ball, play aggressively when he wants, make the right decision...it's the toughest position to play in the NBA. But if he does it, it'll be awesome. He won't ever be John Stockton or Deron Williams, but at least he'll be a solid defensive presence.

Now the only obstacle is lowering Tinsley awful minutes. Hopefully after watching film, the Jazz realize that nobody is guarding Tinsley and that he doesn't even shoot when he's free. There's going to be a few more losses coming because of Tinsley not being gaurded (literally, it's like 4 on 5 out there) but hopefully Burks gets better and better and it's all worth it.

Pretty pathetic that the Jazz couldn't beat the Blazers who have the worst bench in the NBA and were missing their starting SG and backup PG, while on the second night of a back to back.

If we had our starting PG and Gordon Hayward, I think we would have won the game. Our guards were unable to penetrate or hit open jumpers (except Foye). That along with a few botched rebounds was the difference.

Hayward normally makes up for some of our PG deficiencies with his ability to drive and distribute. He's been missed for that reason the last few games.

I really really want Burks to develop at the PG position and this is the time to do it. If Burks becomes a PG, that's a serious matchup problem every night for any team.

He's gotta be able to change the pace of the game, shoot the 3 ball, play aggressively when he wants, make the right decision...it's the toughest position to play in the NBA. But if he does it, it'll be awesome. He won't ever be John Stockton or Deron Williams, but at least he'll be a solid defensive presence.

Now the only obstacle is lowering Tinsley awful minutes. Hopefully after watching film, the Jazz realize that nobody is guarding Tinsley and that he doesn't even shoot when he's free. There's going to be a few more losses coming because of Tinsley not being gaurded (literally, it's like 4 on 5 out there) but hopefully Burks gets better and better and it's all worth it.

Im as big a burks fan as there is but i have never thought of him as a PG or having a high bball iq..... I think he is best being aggressive and attacking and trying to be a scorer without having to think to much.
I definately could be wrong about him (and hope i am) but it seems like the jazz are trying to change him into something that he is not.

Not a lot to say. Kanter blew chunks out there, the bench in general wasn't great (especially against a Blazers bench that is hideous), and the Jazz for some reason kept doubling even though the Blazers were shooting great from the 3 point line. As much of a Ty basher as I am I thought he coached a good game, or at least didn't do the stuff that drove me crazy. If anything Kanter should have been yanked sooner, but it would be hard for me to bitch about that since I advocate more PT for the guy.

And the officiating was horrendous. Aside from the terrible call on Marvin that shouldn't be called at that stage of the game, the Jazz's momentum was stopped in the 4th when Paul should have gone to the line on a foul, but this idiotic officiating crew couldn't get that right.

I feel bad for Kanter. Finally gets some fourth quarter burn and has a bad game.

Now we have to hear people say crap like "See, Kanter is definitely not ready to start!" because he had one bad game after only getting 5 minutes for the previous few.

Game #1 Jazz out rebounded Blazers 47-40

Game #2 Blazers out rebounded Jazz 49-37.

Difficult to hang in a game when you are getting crushed on the boards.
NDVD_191.jpg

Bill Oram @tribjazz 02 Feb
Corbin says he's kept Kanter out of games so he has Jefferson/Millsap offense, but Kanter/Favors should be able to score against Meyers Leonard

Bill Oram @tribjazz 02 Feb
In desperate need of of offense, Corbin inserts Kanter, a player he has made very clear he doesn't believe provides any offense.

So Corbin believes he can't play Kanter because of Kanter's lack of offense? Well, what did he expect from the Jazz having Kanter working with Mark Eaton.