What's new

58th pick - Miye Oni - traded from Warriors

dark-triade.png

The chart above is something this forums pathetic trolls dont wanna face directly. im gonna end up posting this at least 100x this year, so get used to seeing it. maybe 200.

Troll me, I post the chart.

Another way to look at it, the Jazz could have waited out two more picks and sought to acquire Oni as an undrafted free agent. The Jazz could have just called Oni's agent and offered a $2M guaranteed deal 5 minutes after the draft ended. Instead they felt it was worth paying $2M to Golden State to make sure they secured his rights at #58. Seems like they want him.

With the Conley deal, I don't think they can offer Oni too much more than the minimum.

random question most won't know the answer to: does the 3 mil that the jazz spent on buying picks go against the cap?

They’re making the roster. Question is if they’ll be on a non guaranteed contract, guaranteed contract or a two-way contract. There’s no way the team paid that much to acquire them without planning to keep them - at least for one season.

Another way to look at it, the Jazz could have waited out two more picks and sought to acquire Oni as an undrafted free agent. The Jazz could have just called Oni's agent and offered a $2M guaranteed deal 5 minutes after the draft ended. Instead they felt it was worth paying $2M to Golden State to make sure they secured his rights at #58. Seems like they want him.
Another way to look at it is that Lindsey could have easily sold #53. There seemed to be a lot of buyers out there. Could have easily said Jazz were going to look at vet minimum guys to fill the roster.

I think all the draft picks get 2-yr deals with the 2nd being a team option. Guess it depends on how many ring chasers Utah attracts. I like all three. Guess I'm easy to please. Lindsey seems to be trying a new tactic: drafting players who already have a few years of college experience. Perhaps less upside, but teams, IMO, are undervaluing experience by looking to hit home runs with one-and-dones. Four years of college worked for a lot of all-time greats. On the other hand, you have teams having to make decisions on re-upping players without really knowing who they are (like a Wiggins, Exum, etc.). Maybe there's something to be said for getting players who require less development - less upside, but a lot less risk at the 3/4 yr. mark.

The chart above is something this forums pathetic trolls dont wanna face directly. im gonna end up posting this at least 100x this year, so get used to seeing it. maybe 200.

Troll me, I post the chart.
Lmaoioiioi
You're truly the gift that keeps on giving.