What's new

6/16 Ford Mock Draft 5.0- WHITESIDE 22!!!!

LOL.

Thanks numb.

Again, find me a player that is more clutch than Deron not named Kobe and I'll buy you a cookie.

Some of you won't realize how good this kid is until he's off winning championships in LA while we're back at square 1 in the lottery.

There isn't 1 Jazz player other than Deron that would start for any of the teams playing in the finals... In fact, you probably wouldn't find 1 Jazz player other than Deron starting for the final 4 teams that were in the playoffs. The only questionable one would have been Rashard vs Boozer.

This says a lot about:

A. Deron
B. His surrounding cast (our team)

That Portland-comeback on the road game was amazing. This is a perfect example of what a winner is; Williams shot isn't falling and he misses a shot to tie the game. However, he orchestrates the entire comeback offensively with his vision and ability to get to the line and chokes Roy out of the game with D. Also worth noting is that even though he missed the shot, he took the shot when he got open and did it fast enough to buy the Jazz an extra possession. Just like he did against the Lakers in these playoffs but Matthews failed to convert the put-back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnsNwimwic

Deron could've been better this year, we can all agree. Sometimes shots don't fall, but the vast majority of Williams' work shows he has ice in his veins.

That Portland-comeback on the road game was amazing. This is a perfect example of what a winner is; Williams shot isn't falling and he misses a shot to tie the game. However, he orchestrates the entire comeback offensively with his vision and ability to get to the line and chokes Roy out of the game with D. Also worth noting is that even though he missed the shot, he took the shot when he got open and did it fast enough to buy the Jazz an extra possession. Just like he did against the Lakers in these playoffs but Matthews failed to convert the put-back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnsNwimwic

What I'm referring to is "clutch" when time is running out. I agree we lose a lot of ballgames if not for D-will. But apart from the highlights posted, which by the way put a smile on my face while reminiscing, are not enough to say that he is clutch when time is running out and the Jazz need to win the game. He is cool, calm with ice-water in his veins but the end result is this: does he have enough game winners to prove he is clutch. Again, my context of clutch here is when time is running out.

I hate myself for even answering who's more clutch then ****ing Kobe but I can easily say Roy and (i hate hate hate it....) Melo (the fugget!) Again, context is when time is running out.

I like/love D-will and I'm grateful we got one of the top PGs (even player) on our team. But when the game is on the line, and the ball is in the team's best player's hand and the opposing team knows what's coming, will D-will make it or not? I hope he does for our team's sake.

What I'm referring to is "clutch" when time is running out. I agree we lose a lot of ballgames if not for D-will. But apart from the highlights posted, which by the way put a smile on my face while reminiscing, are not enough to say that he is clutch when time is running out and the Jazz need to win the game. He is cool, calm with ice-water in his veins but the end result is this: does he have enough game winners to prove he is clutch. Again, my context of clutch here is when time is running out.

I hate myself for even answering who's more clutch then ****ing Kobe but I can easily say Roy and (i hate hate hate it....) Melo (the fugget!) Again, context is when time is running out.

I like/love D-will and I'm grateful we got one of the top PGs (even player) on our team. But when the game is on the line, and the ball is in the team's best player's hand and the opposing team knows what's coming, will D-will make it or not? I hope he does for our team's sake.

You obviously missed about 5 links provided in this thread that showed Deron winning the game as "time ran out."
Being clutch also isn't all about game winning shots either. I know that that's you're definition of clutch. But that's a pretty small and limited definition. You should also take into account the overall performance of the player as well. Dwill's 33 point, 14 assist performance in game 2 of the first round this year bouncing back from Memo's injury was clutch in my definition.

I have all the confidence in the world that Deron will make it with the team on the line with the other team knowing what's going to happen.

The problem is putting Deron in that position. He needs a team that can keep a game close in order for us to have a chance at winning. Sorry but rollin with a frontline of Fess/Kosta/Millsap isn't going to keep us close against most playoff contending teams.

Last edited: