What's new

A Big Move on the Horizon?

Saying "the addition of Udoh means Favors gets traded" reminds me of "Now that we have Lyles, Favors is definitely traded"

Saying "the addition of Udoh means Favors gets traded" reminds me of "Now that we have Lyles, Favors is definitely traded"

I agree that this rational is flawed but I feel like the money next season is going to be used to prioritize Exum and Hood.

I'm all for seeing how Favors plays this season. There's not much incentive to trade him now as opposed to later unless there is an enticing deal on the table. But if the Jazz don't plan on resigning him, you'd hope they may be able to get something back.

I think the addition of Jerebko, sefolosha, and Udoh in the last 24 hours indicates someone getting moved. Favs is a candidate.

As is none of Jerebko or Udoh would play. Favs gets backup 5 minutes and JJ gets backup 4 minutes. Someone will be moved in a bigger deal.

I don't see at all how the moves yesterday are evidence of a trade on the horizon. We had three roster spots.. and we filled them. And not with anyone who could possible start either

Yeah, but Udoh isn't coming over to sit on the bench. He will be the backup center.

We all know how much Quin likes playing Favors and Gobert together.....

And I doubt Jerebko would sign to be the 3rd string PF....

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jerebko is the 3 string PF on every team in the NBA. That's who he is. On the Celtics who only had 1 PF he was the 3rd string PF. He's making the same $ as Ron Baker.

And isn't everyone speculating that these imaginary trades would be for a PF? ...thus making Jerebko the 3rd string PF again?

Jerebko as a utility backup big / injury insurance = awesome. Jerebko as a key rotational cog = ughhhhhh. I sincerely hope FO doesn't disagree

Jerebko as a utility backup big / injury insurance = awesome. Jerebko as a key rotational cog = ughhhhhh. I sincerely hope FO doesn't disagree
I really think they want to go pure international style combined with defense. People have been saying "how will Jazz score?" And I think we are about to get that answer.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

would be cool.

But the only way Windhorst would know anything about this is if the talks were happening inside of LeBron's jock strap.

would be cool.

But the only way Windhorst would know anything about this is if the talks were happening inside of LeBron's jock strap.

He didn't do his aggregators don't take this bs... and the only thing he is clued in on is LBJ. It also makes sense for all parties. I would absolutely love it if it was just straight favs and JJ for Love. I think we'd have to take shump doe. Neither team has a GM right now so there may be an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. I mean Tim Hardaway just got like twice as much as he should have.

I understand the hate on Windhorst given his abrasive nature but he tries hard, is professional and is serious about his craft.

giphy.gif

Interesting tidbits...

Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon 5m5 minutes ago
More
Tim MacMahon Retweeted Tim MacMahon
It is possible that Utah could use Diaw's instantly expiring $7.5 million contract in a trade before July 15 guarantee date.