What's new

A bit of trade speculation surrounding Cousins...

He just strikes me as a dude that needs others to create a great situation and environment for him, he's not the guy to put your franchise on his back and he'll turn it around. Again, I think it's probably best to just stand pat on any insane moves, but with Hayward, Snyder, and Gobert, I think it might just work here. IDK.

What I do know is that it's the height of foolishness to not think about it at all. Guy is an insane talent, and I'm not just talking as a scorer.

I wouldn't trade Joe Ingles for Cousins unless I had a 100% guarantee from another team that they would then trade something of value for Cousins. But I'm on record as saying if Cousins ever becomes a Jazz player I will stop being a fan until he's gone again. He's the worst player to watch in the history of the NBA. I want somebody to punch him in the face every time he's on the TV screen. Maybe that makes me biased. There is literally no player I've ever seen play in the league I hated watching play more than this guy.
And for a guy that would supposedly be our best player by a fair bit it's strange that his team never seems win. Yes it's Sacramento, but holy hell name the last top 10 player in the league that consistently loses 50 games a year. Especially in a star driven league.
So I don't want him for anything. And I think he's the 2nd most overrated player in the league right behind Crymello.

Last edited:
Cousins is probably the most controversial star in the league right now.

I just think when you consider what kind of player might actually be willing to play in Sacramento right now without going full mutiny, the Kings' trade options are very limited. They're not going to get guys like Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving and the like to commit to them.

I think the Kings will call the Jazz, but what answer they get back is anyone's guess. I think the Jazz might not mess with the chemistry. They also think Rudy is a future star in this league, and I don't think they'd stir things up too much when the Favors/Gobert combo is working.

Cousins is probably the most controversial star in the league right now.

I just think when you consider what kind of player might actually be willing to play in Sacramento right now without going full mutiny, the Kings' trade options are very limited. They're not going to get guys like Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving and the like to commit to them.

I think the Kings will call the Jazz, but what answer they get back is anyone's guess. I think the Jazz might not mess with the chemistry. They also think Rudy is a future star in this league, and I don't think they'd stir things up too much when the Favors/Gobert combo is working.
I would say with 99% certainty that the answer from the Jazz would be HELL NO if Favors, Gobert or Hayward is even mentioned. He's been a little whinny *** bitch every game against the Jazz. That leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the Jazz.

Cousins would work great here with Hayward and Gobert. Favors would probably have to be shipped out along with some picks, but I'd love to have Cousins on the team. I was really impressed with his passing when I saw him play this season. He is the only dude worth a darn on an awful team.

Having the proven playmaking ability of Hayward and Cousins on the court would really elevate the Jazz offense.

But I'm totally fine with not pursuing a Cousins trade at all.

#100RAPclub

Would people trade Favors for Love?

Love had a much better season last year on a better team with Minnesota.

I certainly wouldnt but I also wouldnt say Boogie is better than Love.

Love would be a better fit with Gobert as well.

Would people trade Favors for Love?

Love had a much better season last year on a better team with Minnesota.

I certainly wouldnt but I also wouldnt say Boogie is better than Love.

Love would be a better fit with Gobert as well.
I don't think I would. Only because this team is built on it's defensive identity and Love would ruin that.

I don't think I would. Only because this team is built on it's defensive identity and Love would ruin that.

Agreed. Love is the most pathetic defender I have ever watched play, and that's saying something coming from a jazz fan who got to experience the statues of boozer and Jeffersonian. Also agree with gregbroncs stance on Cousins. Thankfully, the people that actually matter would never want to work with Cousins despite the obvious talent.

I'm not sure I could watch a Jazz game if I had to see the Cousins stinkface the entire 48 minutes. I have a hard enough time not turning off the game when the Jazz play AGAINST the Kings because of it.

Cousins is such a waste of talent. He should be the most dominant big since Shaq, but he has lost 50 games every year since he has been in the NBA (other than the lockout year where they went 22-44). At some point, he has to share some responsibility for that. No thanks, hard pass.

I don't think Cousins is a bad guy. I just think he needs to grow up on the court and I think some of his teammates get annoyed by his antics. The big problem I have will this trade is throwing in Hood like he is some after thought. I think Hood can be an All-star level type player in a few years.