What's new

A Carlos Boozer story you never knew

If this happening was a common occurrence then it wouldn't even be a thread. Like if they moved to alaska because his dad got a better job offer then we wouldn't be discussing it.
Or if little kids shooting other little kids happened a lot then we would read this story and shrug our shoulders and be like "so what? My neighbors family just moved yesterday because their 6 year olds best friend was shot by another little kid. Same thing happened to my sisters family. My co workers 6 year old was just shot last month by an 8 year old. This is totally normal" The reason its interesting and discussion worthy is due to the fact that it is an odd occurrence.

If this happening was a common occurrence then it wouldn't even be a thread. Like if they moved to alaska because his dad got a better job offer then we wouldn't be discussing it.
Or if little kids shooting other little kids happened a lot then we would read this story and shrug our shoulders and be like "so what? My neighbors family just moved yesterday because their 6 year olds best friend was shot by another little kid. Same thing happened to my sisters family. My co workers 6 year old was just shot last month by an 8 year old. This is totally normal" The reason its interesting and discussion worthy is due to the fact that it is an odd occurrence.
Do you live in a DC low income housing project?

Do you live in a DC low income housing project?
Nope. I bet other nba players have come from poor places doe. Its odd that I dont hear the same story from them. Actually its not odd that I dont hear the same story from them. Because 6 year olds getting intentionally shot by other small children isn't very common. Anywhere. Thank god. Again, that is what makes Boozers experience noteworthy and worthy of its own thread and pages of discussion.

By the way, you guys are misrepresenting a detail that changes everything.

When it happened, Chris was seven and I was six. We were two inseparable bundles of energy who lived in neighboring tenement buildings in the crime-ridden Washington DC, projects in the late 1980s.

A six year old may not be able to show up another kid in basketball but a seven year old obviously could.

/sarcasm.