What's new

A Gentlemen's Agreement?

You think it's possible, there was some kind of silent agreement between Quinn and Pop, to let the Spurs win -- note Donovan and Rudy did not play. The Jazz don't really need to win but the Spurs have to win every game to make the playoffs.

Not sure why the Jazz tanked this game. Seeding is so important and Jazz could get to 3 seed. Seems like they wasted an opportunity to get a win. Why not take turns resting guys, rather than resting Gobert, Conley and Mitchell at the same time. Just rest one at a time if need be. Bad decision for organization heading into playoffs, trying to get back into rhythm and in all honesty trying to avoid rockets in round 1.

It was an agreement last summer that drove our tanking. We agreed to a trade with Memphis and they screwed us. We ranked the game to help spurs leap them in the standings.

You think it's possible, there was some kind of silent agreement between Quinn and Pop, to let the Spurs win -- note Donovan and Rudy did not play. The Jazz don't really need to win but the Spurs have to win every game to make the playoffs.

No

Not sure why the Jazz tanked this game. Seeding is so important and Jazz could get to 3 seed. Seems like they wasted an opportunity to get a win. Why not take turns resting guys, rather than resting Gobert, Conley and Mitchell at the same time. Just rest one at a time if need be. Bad decision for organization heading into playoffs, trying to get back into rhythm and in all honesty trying to avoid rockets in round 1.
IMO seeding doesn’t matter, the bench has been bbbbbaddddd. I think the jazz were probably looking at other options. Holy crap!!! Ed Davis has fallen off a cliff!!

Spurs loss will come back to bite Utah in the rear.
Very unlikely, but possible (we lose out, and Dallas wins out).

I think it's unlikely that we could have gotten the 3-seed. But even if we did, what advantage would that have given? We'd have been facing OKC or Houston in all likelihood. The situation we're in now just replaces Denver for OKC, with Houston still in the mix in almost any possible scenario.

I would prefer OKC to Denver. I actually think we have a better chance at beating Houston then Denver as well.

Our bench is so bad, I'm not sure we will advance to the second round, no matter who we play. Bogey allowed Joe or Royce to come off the bench and now we only have one dependable guy off the bench in Clarkson. But even then we are thin. I don't think we are going anywhere but a first-round exit.

The thing is Nuggets want us over Houston or OKC.

It's settled then. Another gentlemen's agreement? Who cares what Denver wants? Not learning how to be Houston in yet another Houston series would make me vomit because we haven't adjusted enough. Chris Paul drinks pee. So, let's show the ButtNuggets what the rocky mountains really look like. Victor Krum is Gobert bait.

explain to me why seeding matters?