What's new

A look at the remaining games between Utah, GS, Houston and LAL

Lion's Roar

I put out there a lot of tweets about this today but it's hard to explain this in under 140 characters.

So here are the scenarios:

h2h.jpg

If Utah wins both remaining games against Houston and Golden State (both on the road) the Jazz will be in playoff position independent of the other games between the Playoff 4. Not only that it will pretty much guarantee the tiebreaker in any 2 or 3 team scenario cause the Jazz would be 2-1 against LA, 2-2 against Houston and GS. The second tiebreaker is conference winning % and they would have a significant advantage over Houston and about tied with GS.

If Utah loses both remaining games the Jazz would be in the 9th spot whatever the outcome of the Lakers vs GS (2 games) and LAL Vs Houston (1 games). That means they would have to make up for at least 2 games in the remaining schedule. The better thing for Utah at that stage would be if LAL loses all 3 games. The Jazz would have to make up only 1 game in that scenario. Still not a cake walk.

If Utah wins against GS but loses against Houston then the only scenario where they aren't out looking in is if the Lakers lose all 3 games.

If Utah wins at Houston but loses against GS the Jazz would be in playoff position if LAL lose all three of it's games. It would be on the outisde trying to make up 1/2 a game or 1 game in most scenarios.

So the most important game for Utah is the Houston one. Winning that one would leave the Jazz in a good position to make the playoff and pretty much dependent on itself. If the Jazz lose to Houston then things become pretty bleak trying to either hope the Lakers lose all 3 OR trying to make up for 2 games over an 18 game schedule.

"If Utah wins both remaining games against Houston and Golden State (both on the road) the Jazz will be in playoff position"

....did your mother hit you in the head with a tire iron twice a day till you turned 10 years old or what? How do you figure the Jazz are going to win 2 MORE road games, especially against teams they are battling for a playoff spot???

yeah the jazz arn't going to win either game.

road games...yeh...not happening. lol.

The jazz need to make some moves to improve them selves next year.

I think yesterday I put more work in towards the Jazz cause than the players. I feel really good about losing my time doing preparing that one. Why bother....

I think yesterday I put more work in towards the Jazz cause than the players. I feel really good about losing my time doing preparing that one. Why bother....

Good job buddy.
Yeah I still root for the Jazz to win, but have a hard time believing they can do anything in the playoffs.