What's new

A Place for Conservatives

The idea that progressive taxes or a concern over inequality are exclusively liberal ideas is false. Adam Smith, the great conservative icon, favored a form of progressive taxation and an economic system that, when properly formulated, would not allow for the huge inequality in wealth and income we see today. Those who try to normalize inequality are more likely right-wing reactionaries or corporate apologists and not historical conservatives.

The idea that progressive taxes or a concern over inequality are exclusively liberal ideas is false. Adam Smith, the great conservative icon, favored a form of progressive taxation and an economic system that, when properly formulated, would not allow for the huge inequality in wealth and income we see today. Those who try to normalize inequality are more likely right-wing reactionaries or corporate apologists and not historical conservatives.

Last Sunday's 60 Minutes interview of billionaire Ray Dalio was pretty interesting:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ray-da...nequality-is-a-national-emergency-60-minutes/

Ha-Ha, this is no laughing matter, but that Breitbart article was horrible. It made very weak generalizations and oversimplifications of the problem. The difference between now and three million years ago is that CO2 continues to rise because of human activity and human beings weren't around back then, or if they were they were at a different stage of evolution that couldn't compare with us today.

For those of you that never click on these articles, it says that polling shows only 17% of Americans believe they are getting a tax cut due to the 92% negative liberal press on the tax cuts. In fact, 80% of all Americans will get a tax cut.

Trump:
"This is going to be one of the great gifts to the middle-income people of this country that they've ever gotten for Christmas“

It was so huge that people didn’t even notice.

The point is not that they didn’t get a break but that it was small for anyone except for the rich.

All cool since it stimulates the economy so much that it wiped out the deficit. Oops ~1 trillion and growing.

Trump:
"This is going to be one of the great gifts to the middle-income people of this country that they've ever gotten for Christmas“

It was so huge that people didn’t even notice.

The point is not that they didn’t get a break but that it was small for anyone except for the rich.

All cool since it stimulates the economy so much that it wiped out the deficit. Oops ~1 trillion and growing.
Didn't stimulate the economy at all imo. Prices on everything went up so I don't end up having any extra money to spend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Didn't stimulate the economy at all imo. Prices on everything went up so I don't end up having any extra money to spend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

And you would be correct.

GDP growth per qtr has been trending downward. There isn’t any evidence to show that the tax cut stimulated the economy.

There is however, ample evidence to show that it worked to keep more money in the hands of the rich. And drive up deficits so republicans have an excuse to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and social security.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Facts matter

Wrecking media bias

These people you turn to for your understanding of the world... Let me just say, if people are honestly looking for truth they don't generally get it right all the time, they occasionally will have to admit they were wrong. They occasionally have to tell hard truths and admit certain flaws in their overall way of thinking. No ideology is perfect, at least none that I've heard of. You've got to admit your faults if you are genuinely trying to find the best possible way to think and act and interact with the world you live in.

Breitbart doesn't tell hard truths to their readers. They comfort them by telling them the hard truths are lies. They hide the flaws in their ideology. They are not seekers of real truth, they are driving an agenda.

Fox News drives an agenda as well, but they have people there who WILL on occasion tell hard truths.

Ben Shapiro is an apologist. He is skilled at explaining away the faults pointed out by the opponents of his philosophy. He isn't trying to be honest, he's trying to win the debate.

None of this is me saying Breitbart or Ben Shapiro are lying. I'm just saying they are not searching for truth. They are advocating for what they believe is right. But they are doing it in a way that never admits fault, never concedes points to the other side. They are part of a machine that is attempting to create a false reality so that their followers can feel secure in their faith.

These people you turn to for your understanding of the world... Let me just say, if people are honestly looking for truth they don't generally get it right all the time, they occasionally will have to admit they were wrong. They occasionally have to tell hard truths and admit certain flaws in their overall way of thinking. No ideology is perfect, at least none that I've heard of. You've got to admit your faults if you are genuinely trying to find the best possible way to think and act and interact with the world you live in.

Breitbart doesn't tell hard truths to their readers. They comfort them by telling them the hard truths are lies. They hide the flaws in their ideology. They are not seekers of real truth, they are driving an agenda.

Fox News drives an agenda as well, but they have people there who WILL on occasion tell hard truths.

Ben Shapiro is an apologist. He is skilled at explaining away the faults pointed out by the opponents of his philosophy. He isn't trying to be honest, he's trying to win the debate.

None of this is me saying Breitbart or Ben Shapiro are lying. I'm just saying they are not searching for truth. They are advocating for what they believe is right. But they are doing it in a way that never admits fault, never concedes points to the other side. They are part of a machine that is attempting to create a false reality so that their followers can feel secure in their faith.

You can use these exact same words and simply substitute cnn, msnbc, ny times, Washington post, huffington post, etc. and it would actually be more accurate. The Russian collision story proves that these "journalists" are not looking for truth and are trying to "create a false reality".

You know nothing about Ben Shapiro obviously.

Its funny that you try to paint people on the right in that light, but as soon as someone points out the same thing with someone on the left you go into full defense mode and cant believe anyone would think the left lies.

I got news for ya bruh. The left is lying and pulling more **** out their *** these days than any group of anyones have ever in the history of time.

No one is more attracted to the truth than me, and the right is way more truthful right now than the left. If you werent neck deep in the arses of the leftist media you would realize this.

Two words. Russia. Conspiracy. All we heard for 2 straight years from every single leftist out there was the mountains of evidence and proof there was on Trump colluding. Where is the ****ing evidence they claimed they had? All lies.