What's new

A secret conspiracy against lemonade stands!

TheSilencer1313

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/the-inexplicable-war-on-lemonade-stands/

I’m beginning to think that there’s a nation-wide government conspiracy against either lemonade or children, because these lemonade stand shutdowns seem to be getting more and more common. If you set up a stand for your kids,just be prepared for a visit from the cops.

In Coralville,Iowa police shut down 4-year-old Abigail Krstinger’s lemonade stand after it had been up for half an hour. Dustin Krustinger told reporters that his daughter was selling lemonade at 25 cents a cup during the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Race Across Iowa (or RAGBRAI),and couldn’t have made more than five dollars,adding “If the line is drawn to the point where a four-year-old eight blocks away can’t sell a couple glasses of lemonade for 25 cents,than I think the line has been drawn at the wrong spot.”

Nearby,mother Bobbie Nelson had her kids’lemonade stand shutdown as well. Police informed her that a permit would cost $400.

Meanwhile,in Georgia,police shutdown a lemonade stand run by three girls who were saving money to go to a water park. Police said the girls needed a business license,a peddler’s permit,and a food permit to operate the stand, which cost $50 per day or $180 per year each,sums that would quickly cut into any possible profit-margin.

In Appleton,Wisconsin the city council recently passed an ordinance preventing vendors from selling products within two blocks of local events –including kids who want to sell lemonade or cookies.

I thought I would associate an actual article with the very persona that this board thinks I have ;-)

Most of these types of laws that are passed by local cities and municipalities that have mayors and/or council members that, GASP, own businesses with which these types of independent vendors compete. Oh sure, they make the rules as being in the interest of public safety but do we really need to protect Joe Q. Public from rogue 4 year olds selling lemonade? In fact, the licence doesn't even do that. It simply provides revenue to the local government.

Most of these types of laws that are passed by local cities and municipalities that have mayors and/or council members that, GASP, own businesses with which these types of independent vendors compete. Oh sure, they make the rules as being in the interest of public safety but do we really need to protect Joe Q. Public from rogue 4 year olds selling lemonade? In fact, the licence doesn't even do that. It simply provides revenue to the local government.

We understand why they do it but that does not change my opinion that it is idiocy.

I agree 100% that it is idiocy to be using resources to shut down lemonade stands.

It is also idiocy to require 4 year olds to file permits and licenses to have a lemonade stand.

Isn't basically all government rooted in idiocy?
Well at least all American governments.

We have more meaningless laws in this country then any country in the world, as well as more prisoners per capita then many many countries put together.

It's a trickle down effect of the idiocy at the top that influences local townships to pass 'dumb laws'.

Shutting down a childs lemonade stand is a dichotomy of our society as a whole, as we're told to be scared of everything, and government is our only savior from this.

Isn't basically all government rooted in idiocy?
Well at least all American governments.

We have more meaningless laws in this country then any country in the world, as well as more prisoners per capita then many many countries put together.

It's a trickle down effect of the idiocy at the top that influences local townships to pass 'dumb laws'.

Shutting down a childs lemonade stand is a dichotomy of our society as a whole, as we're told to be scared of everything, and government is our only savior from this.

I do not agree. I think it is rooted in something ideal but has been turned and morphed into the absurd monstrosity that it is today.

I do not agree. I think it is rooted in something ideal but has been turned and morphed into the absurd monstrosity that it is today.

I see.

Well if you look at everything going on in this country today, from endless wars, to the horrible economy, all the way down to shutting down children's lemonade stands.
You would have to concur that all this fear stems from the 'boogieman' that is 9/11 and Al Queda.

I see.

Well if you look at everything going on in this country today, from endless wars, to the horrible economy, all the way down to shutting down children's lemonade stands.
You would have to concur that all this fear stems from the 'boogieman' that is 9/11 and Al Queda.

I d o not agree. The boogie man did not create the housing crisis. It did not create the teacher strikes that we see. It did not create the partisan divide...

Do you have any knowledge of the condition of the US food supply pre-FDA?

You have the pre-FDA condition of the US food supply, the post-early FDA condition of the US food supply, and then of course of have the post-modern day-bureaucracy that still calls itself the FDA, that's definition of a fish inspector is a dude with a good smeller.

This law is definitely ridiculous. But what I want to know is why don't the cops have anything better to do than shutting down a four-year old's lemonade stand...

I d o not agree. The boogie man did not create the housing crisis. It did not create the teacher strikes that we see. It did not create the partisan divide...

The housing crisis was inevitable, for the same reasons that Ron Paul and Peter Schiff taked about years before it happened while mainstream media laughed at them.
The government and congress are responsible for teacher strikes, and the partisan divide has always existed, but was hidden by the internet boom for years.
All of these horrible things came to fruition after 9/11, and where do you think all the money goes that makes this country poor and creates these problems?
All that money goes to the war that happened because of 9/11.

This law is definitely ridiculous. But what I want to know is why don't the cops have anything better to do than shutting down a four-year old's lemonade stand...

Because we live in a police state, and there's too many of them in the first place.

The housing crisis was inevitable, for the same reasons that Ron Paul and Peter Schiff taked about years before it happened while mainstream media laughed at them.
The government and congress are responsible for teacher strikes, and the partisan divide has always existed, but was hidden by the internet boom for years.
All of these horrible things came to fruition after 9/11, and where do you think all the money goes that makes this country poor and creates these problems?
All that money goes to the war that happened because of 9/11.

Oh so all the fraud, wasted money, increase in entitlements, new programs and dramatic increase int he size of the federal government are all created by war?

Edit: I'm out Silencer. Peace.

Oh so all the fraud, wasted money, increase in entitlements, new programs and dramatic increase int he size of the federal government are all created by war?

President Eisenhower warned us of the Military Industrial Complex back in '61.
In case you've forgotten, or never had heard excerpts of the speech.

[video=youtube_share;8y06NSBBRtY]https://youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY