What's new

Aaron Gordon 4th on Jazz Big Board behind Wiggins, Parker, Exum

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Chad Ford's Final Mock Draft Updated 30 minutes ago:

5. Utah Jazz

The Jazz, like the Sixers and Magic, have been trying to get into the top. Sources say that while there was some internal debate for months, the Jazz would take Jabari Parker if they got the top pick. Sources say the Jazz have or are planning to increase their offer to include the 23rd pick and Alec Burks, but it's doubtful that will be enough to pry away the No. 1 pick.

If they stay at No. 5, it appears that Gordon has emerged as their top prospect after Parker, Wiggins and Exum. He had a stellar workout in Utah and the team is convinced that he could have an Andrei Kirilenko-like effect on the team. Because Gordon has never been a shooter, he has had to develop every other part of his game (ballhandling, passing, rebounding, defense) to justify putting him on the floor. But if he could ever learn how to shoot, he has everything else that you could want in an NBA star.

Thread title is somewhat suspicious as I don't consider Ford's musings to be the gospel. I do think our interest in Gordon is high with the secret airport photos and lack of commenting on second workouts.

Chad Ford is mormon, so his musings are close to gospel.

Most of the knocks on the guy is his shooting. Shooting can be taught. Otherwise, very good all around player, seems to be a high character guy, big hustle player, and not afraid of contact.

I'm actually okay with that.

If we do draft him, I'm guessing his one saving grace (defense) won't be available at the end of close games due to his 42% ft shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why he will only be a role player, unless he can get the% up considerably.

You are grasping at straws... Mailman couldn't shoot free throws when he came into the league either.

If we do draft him, I'm guessing his one saving grace (defense) won't be available at the end of close games due to his 42% ft shooting.

He's only 18 years old... He can still figure it out.

He's only 18 years old... He can still figure it out.

There are plenty of other 18 yr olds that shoot it much better can he improve.. Yes. Is it a given that he will.. No. This is said to be the jazz most important draft selection ever. Let's not play it completely safe, but lets for sure get an impact player.

There are plenty of other 18 yr olds that shoot it much better can he improve.. Yes. Is it a given that he will.. No. This is said to be the jazz most important draft selection ever. Let's not play it completely safe, but lets for sure get an impact player.

I'm messing with you from the Vonleh discussion we had. This isn't the most important selection ever. If we were top three then maybe. We are still accumulating assets... I think Gordon could be a top 2 or 3 player on a championship team. For where we are drafting that will have to be enough.

If we are shooting for the moon the pick shouldn't be Vonleh... It should be Embiid.

42%...

I'm curious how well he's going to improve. I mean, this isn't he first year playing basketball I'm guessing. I'm guessing he's worked on it for oh...7 or 8 years now.

How many of us couldn't dedicate 3 months to practice and shoot more than 42%?? I'm a terrible athlete with no touch, and I'm pretty sure I could top 42% with 3 months to practice. It's not like there is a bit 7ft guy knocking my shots out of the air on free throws or anything. This is why I find it so worrisome. If it was going to be so easy for him to change, why hasn't he done so all ready????

You are grasping at straws... Mailman couldn't shoot free throws when he came into the league either.

Using Malone as a "grasping at straws" reference is idiotic. Karl Malone was a rarity, as is Duncan. If you look at the history of the league, improvements on FT shooting like Malone's and Duncan's are outliers from the norm.

Every free throw shooter is different, and they miss for many reasons. I think Malone's was widely mental (which is somewhat normal). Gordon's mechanics are poor (looks like he is trying to improve them). I figure he will improve, but will be surprised if he breaks a 70% average.

I'm messing with you from the Vonleh discussion we had. This isn't the most important selection ever. If we were top three then maybe. We are still accumulating assets... I think Gordon could be a top 2 or 3 player on a championship team. For where we are drafting that will have to be enough.

If we are shooting for the moon the pick shouldn't be Vonleh... It should be Embiid.

Don't talk to me anymore

Using Malone as a "grasping at straws" reference is idiotic. Karl Malone was a rarity, as is Duncan. If you look at the history of the league, improvements on FT shooting like Malone's and Duncan's are outliers from the norm.

Every free throw shooter is different, and they miss for many reasons. I think Malone's was widely mental (which is somewhat normal). Gordon's mechanics are poor (looks like he is trying to improve them). I figure he will improve, but will be surprised if he breaks a 70% average.

Settle... It was a joke from another conversation we had. I think he'll get better... 70% would be fine.