What's new

Aaron Gordon = Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi's good... There is no reason Gordon can't be better than him though. I don't get the comparison though. They aren't the same player. Similar college numbers but different players. I think Gordon will play both forward positions but will be best when playing 4. He is Shawn Marion. Would be a solid choice at 5.

Shawn is a better comp for Aaron. Shawn although ugly, still has a better shot than Gordon.

Kawhi shot horrible from 3 in college. He still shot 75% from the line. Gordon shot 42% from the line (76 of 180) He MISSED over 100 freaking free throws. Kawhi also has huge... Hands hahaha

So a player's ceiling is based on hand size? Well, then you should be pleased to know that Aaron Gordon also has huge...... Hands.

Kawhi shot horrible from 3 in college. He still shot 75% from the line. Gordon shot 42% from the line (76 of 180) He MISSED over 100 freaking free throws. Kawhi also has huge... Hands hahaha

From the sounds of it it's a mental thing with AG missing FTs. He apparently hits a lot more in practice. This worries me a little. Can he overcome that mental block? So yeah, Kawhi had the FTs on him.

From the sounds of it it's a mental thing with AG missing FTs. He apparently hits a lot more in practice. This worries me a little. Can he overcome that mental block? So yeah, Kawhi had the FTs on him.

His free throw shot was broken too, he had a hitch in and looked like he never knew when to release it. There's probably a big mental side to it though too.

Karl Malone Rookie year(85-86) ft% .481 ftm-a 195/405

Too bad we don't know anyone say around 6'9" that worked hard to develop their shot that could mentor Gordon.

Srs

Karl Malone Rookie year(85-86) ft% .481 ftm-a 195/405

Too bad we don't know anyone say around 6'9" that worked hard to develop their shot that could mentor Gordon.

Srs

Good comp. The big difference is that Malone is that he never had a stutter in his release.
His problem was his touch. He shot to stiff.
To be fair, in clutch situations he often tensed up and "choked"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good comp. The big difference is that Malone is that he never had a stutter in his release.

i remember watching gordon shoot free throws in the ncaa tourney and though ge was missing them, i though his form and shooting motion looked fine.

It's not a comp. It's a response to those that would ignore the rest of his game and treat ft% as the end all be all. Also guys around the same height need to shoot a similar arc. I do think Malone could help Gordon even if it was just "look at me, I struggled but I worked harder than everyone else and now I am Karl Malone the HOFer."

I think Gordon is the safest pick at five. He'll definitely be an nba player and is an amazing kid and worker. Again I think his best position will be as a 4 and if he figures out that jumpshot could be a top 10-15 player. Although we have guys that can play 4 but he gives a much different look.

It's not a comp. It's a response to those that would ignore the rest of his game and treat ft% as the end all be all. Also guys around the same height need to shoot a similar arc. I do think Malone could help Gordon even if it was just "look at me, I struggled but I worked harder than everyone else and now I am Karl Malone the HOFer."

Tim Duncan also had free throw issues for a while... Didn't have a hitch but didn't have a fluid shooting motion either.

Tim Duncan also had free throw issues for a while... Didn't have a hitch but didn't have a fluid shooting motion either.

Why is it everyone begins their rave about Gordon with "if he learns to shoot" or "if and when Gordon gets a three point shot"? Those are pretty big ifs. What if he doesn't find his shot? His defense is great, but how does he stay on the floor if he can't shoot or hit a free throw. Can we be a contender with a wing who doesn't space the floor? It's a tough call because he's pretty appealing otherwise. And LOL at people who would rather have Leonard than Parker.
It's no more of an "IF" than any of the other top prospects.

If Embiid's back stays healthy, he's worth the number one pick in this draft.

If Wiggins improves his shooting and shows that he has the competitive fire to be great, he's worth the number one pick in this draft.

If Parker stays in shape and can be a serviceable defender, he's worth the number one pick in this draft.

If Exum has the athleticism that he's flashed and can play as well against NBA vets as he does Aussie high schoolers, then he's with the number one pick in the draft.

If Aaron Gordon can improve his shooting and free throws, he's worth the number one pick in this draft.

Let's face it. . . every single one of these players is a projection on how they will develop to justify the hype. I don't have any problem gambling on Wiggins, Parker and Gordon. Therefore, I want one of them. I'm expecting it to be Gordon, so I'm hoping like hell that he can improve his shot and eventually be as deadly as Malone or Pippen from mid-range.