What's new

Addressing our deficit at power forward

Wood has been undrafted GLeaguer. Why can't we develop someone from the Stars?
I like Brantley, he could be our PF, but Wood is the man we can afford now. He has the numbers, he has the body, plays defence, has NBA experience and is cheap. We need PF now, next season is far future.

I keep looking at the failing Knicks as a possible option for a PF trade. Bobby Portis maybe? He has a $15M salary. If we traded Clarkson, we could trade for up to $18M in returning salaries. We would need to throw in other pick assets I am sure to the Knicks. We would then need to then address other points off the bench to replace what we are expecting from Clarkson.

The Jazz can keep Clarkson, or use his bigger salary in a trade in the next two months: now, the Jazz can acquire up to $18.4 million in salaries if they re-trade Clarkson

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/12/24/it-wasnt-working-an/

I keep looking at the failing Knicks as a possible option for a PF trade. Bobby Portis maybe? He has a $15M salary. If we traded Clarkson, we could trade for up to $18M in returning salaries. We would need to throw in other pick assets I am sure to the Knicks. We would then need to then address other points off the bench to replace what we are expecting from Clarkson.

The Jazz can keep Clarkson, or use his bigger salary in a trade in the next two months: now, the Jazz can acquire up to $18.4 million in salaries if they re-trade Clarkson

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/12/24/it-wasnt-working-an/
We need Clarkson though. Did you see Don's postgame, he said "he's going to make my life so much easier." I like all those guys on the Knicks, I just don't like the idea of taking on more salary if it compromises our ability to resign what we have - and that could include Clarkson IMO.

We need Clarkson though. Did you see Don's postgame, he said "he's going to make my life so much easier." I like all those guys on the Knicks, I just don't like the idea of taking on more salary if it compromises our ability to resign what we have - and that could include Clarkson IMO.

I agree. I don't think it is just a coincidence that Donovan has the type of game that he did tonight and we have Clarkson getting 20+ minutes off the bench.

I like Brantley, he could be our PF, but Wood is the man we can afford now. He has the numbers, he has the body, plays defence, has NBA experience and is cheap. We need PF now, next season is far future.
I'd love to get a big athletic 4/5 type but what makes you think he's available? The Knicks are the perfect trading partner in that respect, they signed specifically to create trade assets. Still I gotta think that there are bargains out there if you look hard enough. I happen to think Mike Muscala might be one. Durable 6'11" 4/5 that can play stretch or underneath, decent numbers and an incredible career FT% and making league minimum.

But if we weren't playing our best players regardless of position we would have lost more than 3 or 4 games. Or are your suggesting this 'real' power forward would play over Ingles or Bogey? If not then the 'real' power forward won't be playing crunch time minutes. We really talking about 10-15 minutes of backup 4 playing time. I think we are going to see if Niang can do it.

I see our main bench lineup as Mudiay-Clarkson-Insert a starter-Niang-Davis.
Since summer I want a starting 3&D PF who plays hard and rebounds. Bojan should slide to 3. A major problem no one is talking about is there is simply too much load on Gobert and he might get injured if he keeps playing tons of minutes alongside Utah's four best players. In fact he already got injured once and had to return not fully healed resulting in those blowout losses.

Since summer I want a starting 3&D PF who plays hard and rebounds. Bojan should slide to 3. A major problem no one is talking about is there is simply too much load on Gobert and he might get injured if he keeps playing tons of minutes alongside Utah's four best players. In fact he already got injured once and had to return not fully healed resulting in those blowout losses.
That's exactly why I propose signing a 4/5 type like we had with Faves, only preferably one that shoots better than 20% from three.

But if we weren't playing our best players regardless of position we would have lost more than 3 or 4 games. Or are your suggesting this 'real' power forward would play over Ingles or Bogey? If not then the 'real' power forward won't be playing crunch time minutes. We really talking about 10-15 minutes of backup 4 playing time. I think we are going to see if Niang can do it.

I see our main bench lineup as Mudiay-Clarkson-Insert a starter-Niang-Davis.
Well jeez, that's no fun!!! Why you gotta be such a killjoy?
Actually, watching the game tonight made me realize that maybe you got a good point there (and I know we squandered a big lead and all). Let me see how we fare against the Clips on Saturday. Perhaps you are correct and our big center, tiny team is just alright as is.:confused:

Bjelica makes less than $7M. Use any of Mudiay, NWG, Bradley or Davis and second rounder. Sign Noah and/or Faried. Then next summer give MLE to Favors and/or Crowder.
I like the idea of Noah being our backup center if he still has anything left in the tank. Faried would be ok but I still think the Jazz need a PF who can shoot from outside. Davis has to go. He brings zero on the offense. Rudy and our starters cannot play 35 minutes a night especially since three of them played basketball in the world cup.

Then just bring AB back. He is on a min contract and Warriors reportedly gonna trade him. There are other min option guys out there who can do Clarkson’s work. But there aren't that many starting caliber PFs available at anything less than Clarkson’s current salary.

Zach Randolph just officially retired. He was working out in LA.

He was one of my favorite players to watch. Dude couldn't jump over a box of cards but it didn't matter, he'd light you up from anywhere. That and rarely do you see young players with attitude problems get their **** together and have a career like his.

Smoke that ganja, Zach.