What's new

AK fans should rejoice

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
So those hoping the Jazz will re-sign AK next season should be very, very happy right now.

1. AK's expiring wasn't traded. That shows some respect for him.

2. AK has voiced his desire to stay in Utah. Hailing from Russia, he probably enjoys Utah's warm winters.

3. Deron was traded to New Jersey. That might be the biggest factor for AK staying. We know they had problems a couple of seasons ago. Deron publicly criticized AK and shut him out of the offense.

I think we all assumed Prokhorov would be a major bidder for his comrade. Now I think that's changed. I just don't see AK wanting to play alongside Deron. Nor do I think Deron would welcome AK. Besides, NJ is hoping for a bigger fish in 2012 (like Howard).

We were all hoping AK might be reborn without Boozer. Maybe AK is reborn without having Deron around.

Last edited:
how sweet would that be if Prokhorov blew all his cap money on the free agent Andrei Kirilenko?

D-Will%20facepalm2.jpg

So those hoping the Jazz will re-sign AK next season should be very, very happy right now.

2. AK has voiced his desire to stay in Utah. Hailing from Russia, he probably enjoys Utah's warm winters.

2. Deron was traded to New Jersey. That might be the biggest factor for AK staying. We know they had problems a couple of seasons ago. Deron publicly criticized AK and shut him out of the offense.

I think we all assumed Prokhorov would be a major bidder for his comrade. Now I think that's changed. I just don't see AK wanting to play alongside Deron. Nor do I think Deron would welcome AK. Besides, NJ is hoping for a bigger fish in 2012 (like Howard).

We were all hoping AK might be reborn without Boozer. Maybe AK is reborn without having Deron around.

Repped big time dawg. In communist russia, 2 comes twice!

Interesting comments; I was aware Watson was getting more out of the Jazz team than Williams the last few games Williams played. I found myself hoping they'd leave Watson in...

Deron's rise and AK's demise happened at the same time. Hopefully, this trade causes an AK resurrection and causes Deron's career to go into a tailspin. Just to keep the universe balanced.

Interesting comments; I was aware Watson was getting more out of the Jazz team than Williams the last few games Williams played. I found myself hoping they'd leave Watson in...

You're not the only one that wanted Watson left in. I've wished the same thing myself.

I was thinking about this today, it also gives AK a bigger portion of the spotlight. I think AK plays better with Deron gone, but just a hunch.

Deron is gone 1 game and I've already seen AK do two things he hasn't done in 7 years.

-Play through a sprained ankle.

-Score with his back to his basket.

I bet he can't wait to resign!!!

Repped big time dawg. In communist russia, 2 comes twice!
#2 generally comes twice in my day - once in the morning and then right after dinner.

So I make one tiny mistake...geez! I originally just put in two reasons and then remembered AK had mentioned staying in Utah.

IF he re-signs I'm still hoping he re-signs for the minimum to make up for all the money that he robbed from us!!!!

3. Deron was traded to New Jersey. That might be the biggest factor for AK staying. We know they had problems a couple of seasons ago. Deron publicly criticized AK and shut him out of the offense.

Well I am sure that AK lovers will find another reason to explain why AK hasn't performed like he did early in his career. First it was Sloan, then Boozer, then DW so now they are all gone so what happens if AK still is AK? Will he become that top 10 player some AK lovers said he was. Will the Jazz overpay him again? Will he continue to tease Jazzfanz or will he just be the same big disappointment he has been the last five years. It will be interesting to see, but all the excuses are gone so I am interested to see how AK responds with all the "obstacles" out of the way.:rolleyes:

Wow, all the love for AK considering his whining about his role, asking out of his contract, injury history, planning a vacation during the playoffs, disappearing in big games, along with his lack of improvement must have been forgotten or Jazz maybe Jazz fans have two standards? Hmm.. AK to the rescue.. Sometimes I just shake my head..

Wow, all the love for AK considering his whining about his role, asking out of his contract, injury history, planning a vacation during the playoffs, disappearing in big games, along with his lack of improvement must have been forgotten or Jazz maybe Jazz fans have two standards? Hmm.. AK to the rescue.. Sometimes I just shake my head..

I don't know about rescue but I do expect him to be more assertive-- he is a star be default now.

If you're the Jazz FO, what's the maximum amount you offer AK this offseason? I'm thinking something like $12.5 million spread through three contract years.

that is good line up but millsap is not SF

AK will be back next year for sure his jersy will hang in ESA one day

Because Andrei did not spend 5 years moping around like being in Utah is some terrible divine punishment.

3-4 mill a year is the most we should pay him. We don't want to get stuck with another 5 years of AK contract hell if something should happen