What's new

Alec Burks ~ Minny Mike Jordan?

Hotdog

He reminds me a little bit of Michael Jordan

Now before you go crazy on me, I'm just saying a little bit. Not saying he is on that level.

He's got a little bit of that swag. He contorts his body a little like him and gets off almost impossible shots. His jumper even looks a little like it.

Am I alone here?

I have always thought he could be really good. The beginning of this year was looking bad, but he is looking good again.

Agreed - Burks is better than Mark Jackson. Any second thoughts about passing him up in the draft? Thompson is definitely a better pure shooter; but Burks will be the better all around player.

I still like Burks over Thompson. Thompson has been a pleasant surprise though. I think Burk's ceiling is higher. Its just so hard to peg how good he can be. Anywhere from solid player to top ten player.

I've always seen more Dwayne Wade in the way he plays. Now he's not on his level at all but I see som similarities in how they play.

I still like Burks over Thompson. Thompson has been a pleasant surprise though. I think Burk's ceiling is higher. Its just so hard to peg how good he can be. Anywhere from solid player to top ten player.

Thompson is a great jump shooter who can play, but he can't do the things going to the rim like Burks can.

So do I. Most people quickly started thinking Thompson was better, but my faith never wavered. It's a real shame he wasn't getting these minutes the whole season, he would have been really fun to watch in the Rising Stars Challenge.

I've always seen more Dwayne Wade in the way he plays. Now he's not on his level at all but I see som similarities in how they play.

Idk, Wade plays with his back to the basket a lot. You never really see Burks play a power game like that. I can see other similarities, though, sure.

Somebody should share how many more minutes Thompson has gotten than Burks. Be interesting to see where Burks would be if he had gotten that much time.

side_zps5ae14141.png

stand_zps56e4ddcf.png

dunk_zps9d71302b.png

:)

He reminds me a little bit of Michael Jordan

Now before you go crazy on me, I'm just saying a little bit. Not saying he is on that level.

He's got a little bit of that swag. He contorts his body a little like him and gets off almost impossible shots. His jumper even looks a little like it.

Am I alone here?

I have always thought he could be really good. The beginning of this year was looking bad, but he is looking good again.
No!
yes!

Idk, Wade plays with his back to the basket a lot. You never really see Burks play a power game like that. I can see other similarities, though, sure.

That's true he doesn't have the post game Wade has but I think he could once he adds the size that Wade did. I was more referring to his contortions, ability to draw fouls and his swag. I also love the rebounder that Burks is. We needed that bad from our guards. Until him it's almost nonexistent.

I've never seen anybody contort, drive, slip, and pull english on the ball like Burks and last time I asked who to compare that aspect of him with, nobody had a good comp.