What's new

all the haters can suck it. Jimmer > JLIII

Jimmer is a role model for BYU fans, sure.

He isn't a role model to NBA players. He isn't going to mentor a younger player.

We are talking about 2 players who have vast amounts of suck in their basketball games. Any difference between them is negligible because they are so far in the realm of suck.

1 has leadership qualities and is a role model.

1 is college star who isn't a leader or role model in the NBA.

Who do you want?

I would actually still take Jimmer. He's been in the league for 3 years and 2 of those were with the worst franchise in the league. Midway through his third year he gets picked up by Chicago and clearly was unable to break into their rotation. Jimmer still has some potential and upside by being put in the right system. I'm not saying he'll ever be a star, but I will definitely take him over a 31 year old DLeague/international journeyman. Favors and Hayward should be leaders of this team. If we're relying on JL3 to be that we're in deep trouble

Why does Chicago, a team who obviously needs talented backup guards and scoring, not want Jimmer at all after seeing him in practice for however many months he was with the team?

Answer: Probably because he sucks.

Why does Chicago, a team who obviously needs talented backup guards and scoring, not want Jimmer at all after seeing him in practice for however many months he was with the team?

Answer: Probably because he sucks.

The same Chicago bulls team that released JL3 in 2012? Great point

The same Chicago bulls team that released JL3 in 2012? Great point

Yeah, they kept him on for a couple of years though because they had a young PG, like the Jazz do now. Once the Bulls transitioned to a team of mostly veterans, the need for a guy like JL3 kind of dissipates and you can take chances on guys like Jimmer, see they are awful, an discard them.

Yeah, they kept him on for a couple of years though because they had a young PG, like the Jazz do now. Once the Bulls transitioned to a team of mostly veterans, the need for a guy like JL3 kind of dissipates and you can take chances on guys like Jimmer, see they are awful, an discard them.

Derrick rose was rookie of the year in 09. They did not sign JL3 to be his mentor. Good try dude. Was the MVP in 2012 all thanks the the journeyman after which he could be discarded? Lol

Derrick rose was rookie of the year in 09. They did not sign JL3 to be his mentor. Good try dude. Was the MVP in 2012 all thanks the the journeyman after which he could be discarded? Lol

Pretty sure the Bulls and Rose cite JLIII as having a mentoring role for Rose.

Pretty sure the Bulls and Rose cite JLIII as having a mentoring role for Rose.

Please site the link talking about JL3 being Derrick Rose's mentor.

Derrick Rose was Rookie of the year 2009 before Lucas was even a Bull
Chicago signed John Lucas as the #3 pg in 2010 and in that year he played 10 mins TOTAL the whole season
Played a total of 750 minutes in 2011 as the #3 pg released at the end of that year
Quickly signed with Toronto to mentor Jose Calderon and Kyle Lowry again as the #3 pg with a solid 800 minutes played
2013 is in the history books where he dazzled the Utah Jazz!

Derrick Rose could have played in the NBA the year before he got to Memphis. He would have made some starting quality guards look terrible too.

Guys, when I say mentor, I mean more as a life mentor. Just a dude who is going to show younger players the ropes, so to speak. He has a ton of experience in this kind of stuff from his father. He is also a coach's son. The dude might not have a lot of talent, but I don't doubt he has basketball knowledge.

PGAB, I understand you are a NY dude and NY dudes have boners for other NY dudes, and since Jimmer is a NY dude, you have a boner for Jimmer. I get it.

Guys, when I say mentor, I mean more as a life mentor. Just a dude who is going to show younger players the ropes, so to speak. He has a ton of experience in this kind of stuff from his father. He is also a coach's son. The dude might not have a lot of talent, but I don't doubt he has basketball knowledge.

You're just making things up off of happenstance. How do you know he was Rose's life coach?!?

PGAB, I understand you are a NY dude and NY dudes have boners for other NY dudes, and since Jimmer is a NY dude, you have a boner for Jimmer. I get it.

Normally it might be that way, but Jimmer is from way upstate so its really not the same.

I've lived in Manhattan, Brooklyn and on Long Island my whole life, Danny Green and Tobias Harris are local kids to me. Top-5 2015 Prospect Chieck Diallo goes to school 5 minutes away from me, hes from Mali but I'm gonna rep the **** out of him.

Jimmer just isnt that bad for the players left in Free Agency IMO. He's an NBA player, maybe an end of the bench guy, but i firmly believe hes an NBA guy.

To me hes obviously not a PG. his value is at SG, you suffer the defense and have him shoot the lights out. thats his role. Eddie House.

He could possibly make the Jazz enough $$ to buy a draft pick... right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0awIKsjyU4

JL3 > Jimmer if neither get any thing other than garbage minutes, which I would hope is the case

JL3 is a vet who knows basketball and has one of the most universally loved and respected fathers across all levels of basketball

Although, Jimmer is mormon. So I guess maybe it would be in teh best interest of some Jazz fans to have him come and influence some of the youngster's that way.

Not me, winning is my religion

What a dumb thread/conversation.

JL III sucks.
Jimmer sucks.

JL III provides some sort of a vet presence.
Jimmer provides a delusional fanboy presence (and most of the comments on this thread are proof).

There's a reason one is currently under contract with an NBA team while the other isn't, despite both sucking.

If you think for a second that there wouldn't be hoards of morons whining for Jimmer to play, regardless of how well the real Jazz basketball players were playing, you might be as dumb as they come.

Just look back at all the whining about the "core 4" not getting enough playing time. Take that and times it by 100,000,000,000. That's what we'd have to look forward to if Jimmer was on the Jazz — despite it being clear that he isn't any good. And just the fact that there's even a question as to whether or not he would be a better alternative to JL III is proof enough of that.

JL3 > Jimmer if neither get any thing other than garbage minutes, which I would hope is the case

JL3 is a vet who knows basketball and has one of the most universally loved and respected fathers across all levels of basketball

Although, Jimmer is mormon. So I guess maybe it would be in teh best interest of some Jazz fans to have him come and influence some of the youngster's that way.

Not me, winning is my religion

Everyone keeps mentioning John Lucas' father... I'm sure he's a great man and the same goes for JL3, but please site some way his father has been of service to rebuilding the Jazz.

Jimmer has yet to be in ANY type of system and therefore has a lot more upside than JL3. John Lucas has started a TOTAL of 8 times since 2005 and some how he is a seasoned vet who's seen it all. He's spent more time overseas and in the d league than on an NBA roster.

Everyone keeps mentioning John Lucas' father... I'm sure he's a great man and the same goes for JL3, but please site some way his father has been of service to rebuilding the Jazz.

Jimmer has yet to be in ANY type of system and therefore has a lot more upside than JL3. John Lucas has started a TOTAL of 8 times since 2005 and some how he is a seasoned vet who's seen it all. He's spent more time overseas and in the d league than on an NBA roster.

They both suck and don't deserve to play.

This is not about who's a better basketball player.

What a dumb thread/conversation.

JL III sucks.
Jimmer sucks.

JL III provides some sort of a vet presence.
Jimmer provides a delusional fanboy presence (and most of the comments on this thread are proof).

There's a reason one is currently under contract with an NBA team while the other isn't, despite both sucking.

If you think for a second that there wouldn't be hoards of morons whining for Jimmer to play, regardless of how well the real Jazz basketball players were playing, you might be as dumb as they come.

Just look back at all the whining about the "core 4" not getting enough playing time. Take that and times it by 100,000,000,000. That's what we'd have to look forward to if Jimmer was on the Jazz — despite it being clear that he isn't any good. And just the fact that there's even a question as to whether or not he would be a better alternative to JL III is proof enough of that.

This thread was started simply saying they think Jimmer is better than John Lucas, but somehow its turned into proving how valuable he is. I personally think it would be fun to see Jimmer play 14 minutes a night and that I think he has more upside than Lucas. Jimmer has yet to be given a real chance with a real team and system. No one does anything well in Sacramento and a mid season signing by Chicago isn't much better.