What's new

Am I Crazy?

7StraightIsGreat

Ok, as I sit here thinking about what the Jazz can feasibly do to salvage the offseason I've come up with a few moves that I like, that seem feasible and that have been discussed on this board. I think when you look at each of these moves individually, each one seems like it could easily be achieved by Utah (its not like I'm saying trade for Kobe) and if these moves were made, I actually think Utah could have a good team next year and beyond. So I must ask you, read what I am about to post and tell me if I'm crazy and looking at this through Jazz-colored glasses, or if these moves would actually make you feel better as a Jazz fan.

#1- Let Matthews walk and split the MLE between Ronnie Brewer and Shannon Brown. In Brewer, we know we're getting a player who knows the system inside and out and is quite productive in our system. Aside from his weak outside shooting, Brewer is just about everything you could ask for considering his price tag. Shannon Brown gives us a better athelete than Wes who can be a very solid back-up to Dwill while also eating up some time at the 2. He's great at getting to the basket and IMO would do well in the Jazz system.

#2- Sign Al Harrington. Utah is going to need scoring and Harrington could do just that. I would start Harrington at the 3 and move CJ to the starting 2 (thats where he belongs anyway). This makes our starting 5 a little longer. I know there are concerns about Harrington but I think Utah's system and structure would make for a good fit.

#3- Use our MLE's to fill the void at Center and back-up PF. I think Orlando is going to match the Reddick deal, and like Matthew's deal, it's supposed to be heavily frontloaded. That will KILL the Magic this year and put them deep, deep into tax territorry. This is the reason that I think Gortat will actually be available in a salary dump. He hasn't played much, but I like his Per 48 averages (13 points 15 rebounds). I think he'd be just the inside presence Utah needs and helps us against teams like the Lakers. As far as a back-up for Millsap, use the Harp TE and go get the best player you can (insert your favorite name that may be availabe).

Again, if all of that were to fall into place, I'd actually be excited heading into the season. I see no reason that squad could not meet or exceed what the Jazz did last season. So again, I will ask you: Am I crazy?

#1 Shannon Brown opted out of a 2+ millions dollar year and you expect the Jazz to offer him 2.9 Millions with out having the Lakers match? I understand he isn't a RFA but I would bet my life he'd prefer to stay in LA and make 2.9 million than come to Salt Lake for 2.9 Million.

#2 Not crazy but I'm not sure Harrington would come to Salt lake

#3 I don't see Orlando getting rid of their only back up for Howard.

You're not crazy but I don't think these are that realistic other than maybe Harrington

I wouldn't spend the money on Harrington. Does he fit the Jazz system? He can shoot but he likes to take a lot of shots. I do not think he could adjust to team ball with the Jazz. I would rather save the money so the Jazz can be big players in the free agent market next year.

I would be ok with Shannon Brown. I not a big fan of Ronnie Brewer but if it makes DW happy then do it.

Are these options individual or a combination because I don't think all these moves can be accomplished with just the MLE. Since there are no skilled big man left like a Brad Miller/J. O'Neal that the Jazz could entice with the MLE, I like the combo of #1 plus using Harp's TPE for Gortat.(wishful thinking) Harrington is a great scorer but is a black hole on offense and does nothing defensively.

I really wish the Jazz would use Boozer TPE on Al Jefferson and dangle AK's albatross of an expiring for a damn good SG like AI2 of the Sixers or someone with similar production. Then we would be set with a great PG, above average SG(AI2),PF(Sap),C(Jefferson) providing a foundation with Brewer/Brown/CJ/Hayward/Okur(temporarily) giving solid contributions and KK2,Evans and Price plus scrub riding the pine.

I like Harrington on the Jazz. The Jazz really could use a player than can score on his own.

Ok, as I sit here thinking about what the Jazz can feasibly do to salvage the offseason I've come up with a few moves that I like, that seem feasible and that have been discussed on this board. I think when you look at each of these moves individually, each one seems like it could easily be achieved by Utah (its not like I'm saying trade for Kobe) and if these moves were made, I actually think Utah could have a good team next year and beyond. So I must ask you, read what I am about to post and tell me if I'm crazy and looking at this through Jazz-colored glasses, or if these moves would actually make you feel better as a Jazz fan.

#1- Let Matthews walk and split the MLE between Ronnie Brewer and Shannon Brown. In Brewer, we know we're getting a player who knows the system inside and out and is quite productive in our system. Aside from his weak outside shooting, Brewer is just about everything you could ask for considering his price tag. Shannon Brown gives us a better athelete than Wes who can be a very solid back-up to Dwill while also eating up some time at the 2. He's great at getting to the basket and IMO would do well in the Jazz system.

This would not be enough to get both, at the rate players are getting overpaid this off season I'd expect each to receive 4-5 million a year. Both players are a downgrade to Matthews.

#2- Sign Al Harrington. Utah is going to need scoring and Harrington could do just that. I would start Harrington at the 3 and move CJ to the starting 2 (thats where he belongs anyway). This makes our starting 5 a little longer. I know there are concerns about Harrington but I think Utah's system and structure would make for a good fit.

He has been wildly ineffecient his whole career and don't see that changing. He would sit most the game after Sloan pulls him for taking contested 3's. He is also 30 and will be slowing down. Bad idea.

#3- Use our MLE's to fill the void at Center and back-up PF. I think Orlando is going to match the Reddick deal, and like Matthew's deal, it's supposed to be heavily frontloaded. That will KILL the Magic this year and put them deep, deep into tax territorry. This is the reason that I think Gortat will actually be available in a salary dump. He hasn't played much, but I like his Per 48 averages (13 points 15 rebounds). I think he'd be just the inside presence Utah needs and helps us against teams like the Lakers. As far as a back-up for Millsap, use the Harp TE and go get the best player you can (insert your favorite name that may be availabe).

You mean TPE? I doubt Orlando matches Reddick, but even if they do it does not mean Gortat will be dumped. Orlando's owner is very rich.

Again, if all of that were to fall into place, I'd actually be excited heading into the season. I see no reason that squad could not meet or exceed what the Jazz did last season. So again, I will ask you: Am I crazy?

No, but quite unrealistic