What's new

And Then There Were 9...

Scat

These are the remaining death row inmates in Utah. The first 4 have also selected the firing squad as their preferred method of execution.

Ron Lafferty has been on Utah's books since 1984, when he and his brother, Dan, killed their brother Allen's wife and baby in a slaying motivated by religion.

Ralph Menzies kidnapped and strangled a Kearns woman in 1986.

Troy Kell, a white separatist, got the death penalty after stabbing a black inmate 67 times in the prison in Gunnison in 1994.

Taberon Honie sexually-assaulted and murdered his ex-girlfriend's mother in Cedar City

Douglas Lovell murdered Joyce Yost in 1985 to prevent her from testifying against him.

Douglas Stewart Carter stabbed and shot to death the aunt of a former police chief in Provo in 1985.

Michael Anthony Archuleta raped and murdered a gay Southern Utah University student in 1988.

Von Lester Taylor murdered and terrorized members of a family at a cabin in 1990.

Floyd Maestas was convicted of the home invasion robbery and murder of 72-year-old Donna Lou Bott.

To date, there have been more than 50 executions in Utah. All the condemned were men and all were given a choice as to the method of their execution. Stephanie Sloop may be the first woman to earn this distinction.

Those choices have included beheading, hanging, a firing squad or lethal injection.

In 2004, Utah banned the firing squad, but the law was not retroactive. Since several other men on death row have said they want to die that way, America's last execution by firing squad could be years away.

Interesting information. Other than Ron Lafferty, I couldn't have named any of these people.

Beheading? Recently??

For a short period of time in the late 1800's this was an option in Utah. I've tried finding information on who was beheaded and how they performed the act but can't seem to find anything further.

*EDIT* Apparently nobody ever chose to be beheaded. Go figure. It was dropped as an option in 1888.

Last edited:
Where is Kobe's name? He should be on it. Also, I wonder if Ron Lafferty is related to Daniel Lafferty. Get out of the way! Where were you on that one dip ****?

Wow, that went way over your head. I'm almost embarrassed for you.

steam_iron.jpg

Oh, the irony.

Where is Kobe's name? He should be on it. Also, I wonder if Ron Lafferty is related to Daniel Lafferty. Get out of the way! Where were you on that one dip ****?

If your going to reference Happy Gilmore, try a less obscure quote. "It's all in the hips, yeah, it's all in the hips..."