What's new

Andrew Bugot - The Best Center In The NBA

eacioban

It has been only a few games (including the preseason) since he returned from injury, but the guy didn't miss a bit. Watching him play, I'm amazed be his ability to CONSTANTLY box out both on defense and offense,to effectively guard other big man, to fill the lane and actually alter shots and block... and the thing is that he is not getting blocks from the weak side - the guy takes contact, man up and block like a beast. On the offensive side he is good enough as well - he correctly fills the lane, set up picks and uses some post moves. While he is clearly defensive oriented, he is good enough of a scorer to actually help the team offensively. If he can improve his passing, post moves and develop a mid-range game, he can be one of the game's best - he has the talent and the spirit for it.

So, Am I crazy to say he is the best center in the NBA when this is the Dwight Howard era? NOPE! Bogut is taller, MUCH better defender (Howard gambles a lot and lacks good man-on-man defense) and is a good enough scorer. Show me a center that offers a more complete package...

tumblr_ktg5j179ls1qa3c5io1_500.jpg

I love Bogut's defense, grit, and huge heart.

He is not a better man defender than Dwight Howard. Howard is a monster, Bogut is a beast. Andrew Bogut: The Second Best Center in the NBA: And that's nothing to sneeze at.

I love Bogut's defense, grit, and huge heart.

He is not a better man defender than Dwight Howard. Howard is a monster, Bogut is a beast. Andrew Bogut: The Second Best Center in the NBA: And that's nothing to sneeze at.

Howard is a weak-side monster, but he is nothing special when it comes to man-to-man defense. He falls to easily into picks, he doesn't box out as a default, he gives to much space because he guard with his hands and not with his feet - he is afraid of fouling out against good post players that abuse his lack of man defense, you can clearly see how he couldn't guard a declining Rasheed Wallace in the paint...

Don't get mw wrong - he has ALL the skills to be a top notch man defender, but it seems that his freakish athleticism is blinding him to that. Bugot on the other hand does all that with less gifts than Howard. Howard might be a better PF/C than Bugot, but the latter is the better C.

I want to hear what Trout has to say about this. His silence is deafening. If Trout hasn't responded to this thread by Friday night, I'm calling it: Trout is a Bogut fan. Not only that, but a die-hard Ute fan. You're on the clock, Trout. Prove me wrong, you closet Ute.