What's new

Another Tomic update

I am from Croatia, and our news portals are saying that Real Madrid's coach didn't want him for the next season because he is "too soft".

as i've posted elsewhere, i have no idea why madrid opted out. i don't know how the ACB's salary construct works, but my guess is it had to be a financial move. he wasn't the most consistent player, but when he was on, he could absolutely dominate. game reports from as little as a month or two talked about tomic absolutely owning the paint and running his team's offense from the post... and then they opted to terminate his contract. weird.

the barca signing could be the end of any tomic-to-jazz hopes. it's a three-year deal and, while i don't know what the buy-out conditions are or if there are any opt-out clauses, that could put him at 28 years old by the time his next contract is up.

on the other hand, barca has a better history of developing young talent than RM does, so maybe they help him put it all together so that he CAN come to the NBA. we'll see. but in the short term, that deal is a body blow to anybody who wanted to see what tomic could do over here (like me).