What's new

Ante Tomic named to All-Euroleague 1st Team

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Ante Tomic was drafted by the Jazz with the 14th pick in the 2nd round in 2008.

All-Euroleague 1st Team

Rudy Fernandez - Real Madrid
Keith Langford - EA7 Emporio
Sergio Rodriguez - Real Madrid
Ante Tomic - FC Barcelona Regal
Sonny Weems - CSKA Moscow

Ante Tomic was also the MVP for the months of February and March.

Also, Ante Tomic was the Euroleague Last 16, Week 7 and 8 MVP.

Two of Ettore Messina's players made the 1st and 2nd teams (Sonny Weems 1st team, Viktor Khryapa 2nd team)

From an article in 2010, here is an excerpt from an interview with Tomic about Messina;

How did playing under Ettore Messina help you so far?

"It helped a lot. He is an excellent and a very demanding coach. The very first time we spoke to each other he immediately told me that my playing time would depend on how much I deserve it during practices, with my attitude and everything else a coach looks at. With Coach Messina you have to be hundred percent focused just to be in his considerations to play. On the court, he is a great professional, but off the court he is a lot less demanding."

Fact of the matter is we need to get Messina to be our coach and it would increase the chances of Tomic coming over. Tomic is 27 and Tiago Splitter came over to play for the Spurs at age 25, so the window of opportunity is coming up quick.

*Side note for PointGod_AlecBurks, Bogdan Bogdanovic was given the Euroleague Rising Star Award. Bogdanovic is in play for the Jazz at #23 and possibly #35.

It seems this ettore stuff makes a lot of sense. I think tomic, no matter how skinny he is could be a player in the nba. The ties between DL and him seem strong. Let's be honest, lakers cannot hire him. They need a sexier pick. I am starting to hope for a Messina/tomic combo next year allowing us to move kanter and whomever else to fill whatever gaps we have after the draft.

"It helped a lot. He is an excellent and a very demanding coach. The very first time we spoke to each other he immediately told me that my playing time would depend on how much I deserve it during practices, with my attitude and everything else a coach looks at. With Coach Messina you have to be hundred percent focused just to be in his considerations to play. On the court, he is a great professional, but off the court he is a lot less demanding."

So if Messina comes Kanter is gone then?

Would be a major trip watching this dude play in the NBA. Seeing as how I'll never be able to see him play, anyone want to give some deets about his playing style? Just a checklist of attributes and a quick player comp should do the trick (from anyone but Fabtrey)

Realgm is like 97percent hate kanter. This is the only place you find an affinity. He is like malt liquor, an acquired taste this board has grown fond of.