What's new

Ante Tomic named to All-Euroleague 1st Team

They really need Messina. It's a bold, badass hire for DL that could pay HUGE dividends. Much better than a retread. I wouldn't mind seeing Tomic come over if they get Messina. I think he'd fit into the front rotation well if that happens. Getting Messina would make Utah a good destination for Euro players down the road too.

It just makes too much sense.

They really need Messina. It's a bold, badass hire for DL that could pay HUGE dividends. Much better than a retread. I wouldn't mind seeing Tomic come over if they get Messina. I think he'd fit into the front rotation well if that happens. Getting Messina would make Utah a good destination for Euro players down the road too.

It just makes too much sense.

Yep

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

Ohhhhh also been drinking. So liquor and chocolate will be the analogies for the evening.

You ever had those mini chocolate liquor bottles? My aunt used to bring those every time for holidays. Purely a novelty item imo. Anybody who likes liquor's not going to waste their time with that ish.

You ever had those mini chocolate liquor bottles? My aunt used to bring those every time for holidays. Purely a novelty item imo. Anybody who likes liquor's not going to waste their time with that ish.

Nah man I have always wanted to try them though. I'd drop them in a shot an nam nam

How did playing under Ettore Messina help you so far?

"It helped a lot. He is an excellent and a very demanding coach. The very first time we spoke to each other he immediately told me that my playing time would depend on how much I deserve it during practices, with my attitude and everything else a coach looks at. With Coach Messina you have to be hundred percent focused just to be in his considerations to play. On the court, he is a great professional, but off the court he is a lot less demanding."

Sign Messina, he brings over Tomic. What is Weems' story? Are his rights still owned by Toronto or could he fill a backup wing spot?

Last edited:
Guys if we really gonna bring Tomic then, we need to get rid of at least one of Williams and Evans(who I actually like as the 4/5th big). Even then Tomic will eat up Gobert's minutes.

@Vermin, you really want Kanter gone and Tomic in? Believe me Tomic won't bring better defense than Kanter. And Kanter actually still have time to improve his defense unlike Tomic.

Not to mention, Kanter is much better rebounder, better FT shooter, has longer shooting range, has much more upside, has much more trade value, and shockingly has much more NBA experience, lol.

Realgm is like 97percent hate kanter. This is the only place you find an affinity. He is like malt liquor, an acquired taste this board has grown fond of.

Kanter averaged 17.8 pts and 14.5 rebounds in the last 4 games of the season while he started with Favors each playing over 30 minutes.

Guys if we really gonna bring Tomic then, we need to get rid of at least one of Williams and Evans(who I actually like as the 4/5th big). Even then Tomic will eat up Gobert's minutes.

@Vermin, you really want Kanter gone and Tomic in? Believe me Tomic won't bring better defense than Kanter. And Kanter actually still have time to improve his defense unlike Tomic.

Not to mention, Kanter is much better rebounder, better FT shooter, has longer shooting range, has much more upside, has much more trade value, and shockingly has much more NBA experience, lol.

Hmm is Tomic better than Evans/Williams? Maybe he isn't. I still have high hopes for Gobert too.

Hmm is Tomic better than Evans/Williams? Maybe he isn't. I still have high hopes for Gobert too.
He's definitely better than both Evans and Williams but I don't think Favors/Tomic would be a better duo than Favors/Kanter. I have high hopes for Gobert too, I really don't think Tomic is worth to ditch Kanter or waste Gobert's minutes. Plus the smallest role that Tomic would demand is the third big/main bench big, because he is the main big in one of the best teams in Europe. Maybe only if we let go both Marvin and Evans it might be suitable.

Like maybe,,

Kanter 30 mins
Favors 32 mins
Tomic 20 mins
Gobert 14 mins

Still, looks problematic to me though. I don't believe Tomic would be up for only 20 mins, and 14 mins isn't good for Gobert to me. And anything under 30 mins for Favors/Kanter would make me a Lakers fan anymore. However, Tomic would be a good trade asset for us with teams that need decent rotational offensive big man with length(until they realize that Tomic doesn't play up to his size).

Last edited:
He's definitely better than both Evans and Williams but I don't think Favors/Tomic would be a better duo than Favors/Kanter. I have high hopes for Gobert too, I really don't think Tomic is worth to ditch Kanter or waste Gobert's minutes. Plus the smallest role that Tomic would demand is the third big/main bench big, because he is the main big in one of the best teams in Europe. Maybe only if we let go both Marvin and Evans it might be suitable.

Like maybe,,

Kanter 30 mins
Favors 32 mins
Tomic 20 mins
Gobert 14 mins

Still, looks problematic to me though. I don't believe Tomic would be up for only 20 mins, and 14 mins isn't good for Gobert to me. And anything under 30 mins for Favors/Kanter would make me a Lakers fan anymore. However, Tomic would be a good trade asset for us with teams that need decent rotational offensive big man with length(until they realize that Tomic doesn't play up to his size).

Factor in injuries and MPG goes up a bit for all of them. I do think 4 mins. is sufficient for Gobert, if he's getting those on a consistent basis. He only played in 45 games last season, averaging less than 10 mins/per. Play him in every game and up his mins by 5. I think he'd be ok with that.

Factor in injuries and MPG goes up a bit for all of them. I do think 4 mins. is sufficient for Gobert, if he's getting those on a consistent basis. He only played in 45 games last season, averaging less than 10 mins/per. Play him in every game and up his mins by 5. I think he'd be ok with that.

I'm ok with that line of thinking but, the thing is with Gobert, you can actually keep him in play longer without sacrificing too much since he's already a very decent defender, meaning we can really develop him and develop him fast, after all it's gonna be a rebuilding year again, right? My preference would be 18-22 mins for Gobert and the filler big to fill the remaining 12-16 mins. Of course there will always be also a fifth big in the team to keep just in case a la Biedrins or a SF that can occupy some PF mins so the mins will be even more scarce to distribute among the bigs sometimes.

And one another thing I just noticed is the PF shortage in Tomic's presence with our young bigs. Out of Favors/Kanter/Gobert/Tomic, the only one who would be able to play as close to a PF is Favors. Gobert and Tomic can't play PF in no way and Kanter can play it only offensively. So if those four players are in the roster, a fifth big man has to clog a considerable amount of time at PF position.

I think it can only work, in the case of a Kanter trade like Vermin suggests, or the sacrificing of Gobert completely. If we can get a worthy asset/assets in return of a Kanter trade, it might be thinkable. Otherwise I can't see a reason to give up on Gobert, unless he could be a part in an irrefutable trade also.

Last edited:
^^^
Oops. I meant to type 14 mins as I was referring to the previous post. I get what you are saying about Gobert. I do think Kanter might be the odd man out eventually.

I've wanted Tomic here since forever, but its true: Gobert kinda makes him expendable. Which is too bad. I kinda always thought that Tomic could carve a nive offensive role in the NBA. It makes no sense for him to join our team unless we trade Kanter, or Marv leaves; Marv > Ante