What's new

Any interest in Demarr DeRozan? (reportedly wants out of San Antonio)

Joncolton

He seems like a legit All-Star still, could be a difference maker for the Jazz. They are going to have to take a risk some time.

Why does Utah do it? We need an athletic 2/3 who can guard people and make shots.

Why does San Antonio do it? They are in rebuilding mode. Better to get Conley's contract with one year left, than DeRozan's with 2 years. Also, they know Dennis Lindsey very well, and presumably like him so I can a strong possibility of a deal getting done.

I actually think DeRozan is a pretty poor defender. And he cannot shoot the 3, needs his ball in his hands to be effective, and is north of 30. I think he would be a pretty poor fit.

He'd be great at the right price..

How he used to slice and dice Gordon Hayward up is still etched in my mind.

I actually think DeRozan is a pretty poor defender. And he cannot shoot the 3, needs his ball in his hands to be effective, and is north of 30. I think he would be a pretty poor fit.
This.

/thread

Demarr really improved in SA as far as being a better passer, better defender, and a guy who didnt have to have the ball all the time, but I just don't want him. Doesnt really fit next to Mitchell and Gobert. He'd be great in the Clarkson role, but I doubt he wants that at this point in his career where he is still capable of putting up borderline all-star numbers on good teams.