What's new

Any of you gonna make a game thread? Preseason game 1

On Hayward's shot, I wonder if his right foot is a little more in front of his left. He seemed to always have the 10 degrees left of target angle on his feet. I made these changes to my own shot six or seven years ago because it put my elbow in the proper slot pretty much every time, which made my shot incredibly accurate. Gave my five feet more in range, too, unexpectedly.

The ball more forward on his release might be the change I noticed.

I remember that conversation. You said something like Burks uses team possessions getting to the line, so it's not as good as it looks.

This is clearly different than saying free-throws aren't a desirable outcome. This would make far more sense in the context of talking about points per shot as a terribly meaningless statistic.

This is clearly different than saying free-throws aren't a desirable outcome. This would make far more sense in the context of talking about points per shot as a terribly meaningless statistic.
Doublea had it right.

Gvc and I had a discussion long ago and gvc basically said that getting to the line is over-rated by alot of fans and statisticians. So like doublea said.... not as good as it looks

No one said that gvc thinks free throws are undesireable or that they suck though

I think the extent that Corbin is criticized is excessive and bolstered by bull **** opinions, but his trying to turn the team into a running team with Al Jefferson and Mo Williams while not emphasizing running last year is a very curious thing.
In other words, you agree with the bull **** opinions. Thanks for clarifying.

That's not what I said.
We were taking about how everyone would always give big al **** about taking 20 shots to get 20 pts.

You kept saying that shooting free throws is using a possession too and then you kept making scenarios which you would give stats for "player A" and have him getting to the line a lot but not shooting as well from the field and then giving stats for "player B" who would shoot less free throws but a better percentage from the field in an effort to defend big al's pps stat while at the same time show that getting to the line is not as great as everyone thinks it is.

You were probably right to be honest.... You probably know more about the intricacies of basketball than I do.

I'm not trying to dis you or anything. This is a discussion that I clearly remember you and I having and it definitely came off as you seeming to think that alot of people over-rate getting to the line. (Again, you are probably right)
Maybe that is not what you were trying to say but it definitely seemed that way. (I'm obviously not the only one who thought that it's what you were getting at.... doublea thought the same way as me evidenced by his post in this thread)