What's new

Anybody else see this on social media?

Only way I see this being true is if Rudy is demanding the supermax in private after making defensive first team. From what I have read from reputable reporters, Rudy hasn't been demanding a supermax. Maybe that's changed, but I doubt it.

If something did happen I think Brooklyn would be the destination. The Jazz get one of their two starter quality centers (DeAndre Jordan or Jarret Allen) and the talented Caris Lavert. Brooklyn gets their big 3 for next year in Durant, Irving, and Gobert, pretty nasty.

I think I always overvalue the Jazz players but I’d love a deal with Chicago. They have some really interesting pieces. I’d love to see lavine/markkanen on the Jazz, interested in porter/Satoransky and what value they would bring to the jazz and there lotto pick.

If something did happen I think Brooklyn would be the destination. The Jazz get one of their two starter quality centers (DeAndre Jordan or Jarret Allen) and the talented Caris Lavert. Brooklyn gets their big 3 for next year in Durant, Irving, and Gobert, pretty nasty.

Hard pass on DeAndre. I would need more than Lavert and Allen but that's not too bad.

I remember James being one of the first on Twitter to call Donovan to the jazz. But I hope he's wrong here(I think he hopes he's wrong).

I’m not saying Rudy is going to be moved. What I’m saying is Rudy is going to be moved.

- James Hansen (His Excellency)

Only way I see this being true is if Rudy is demanding the supermax in private after making defensive first team. From what I have read from reputable reporters, Rudy hasn't been demanding a supermax. Maybe that's changed, but I doubt it.

I agree. The only way I see this happening is if Rudy pretty much forces it.

And if that happens I struggle to see a way where we come out of a trade in a good place. Looking at salaries and the realistic trade possibilities it isn't all that appetizing.

The best realistic deal seems to be the one mentioned above. Allen, Levert and picks.... that's, not a good deal. Allen is a massive downgrade from Gobert and presents the same playoff concerns. Levert is not a very good option longterm next to Mitchell. He's not a good shooter, he's inefficient, he's better on ball than off offensively. The picks would be bad because KD-Kyrie-Rudy would be winning championships.

Then you look at our team. With the pieces we have we would still be too good to end up with high draft picks going forward. Memphis owns one of ours in the next few years. We wouldn't be good enough to be higher than maybe a 7 or 8 seed. Conley wouldn't bring much value in trade. Ingles or Oneale probably wouldn't either. Bogey... might? But it likely wouldn't be significant enough to change our future outlook.

We'd likely free up cap space. Donovan is a star. But in this scenario is Donovan enough by himself to seduce a big name to sign on a team likely out of contention?

I just think this would leave us stuck in the middle and that's not a great place to be. I'd be concerned about losing Donovan in free agency after his extension in this scenario. And I wouldn't be happy with not being competitive in general.

The jazz aren’t dumb enough to trade Gobert, but if they are I want the jazz to trade everyone, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogy, everyone. We will not be able to ever get back to the level we are now let alone contenders unless the Nuggets want to help out more. Top ten players don’t grow on trees.

Rudy is the reason the Jazz are good. Mitchell is fancy but without Gobert they would be the suns.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking more along the lines that we'd basically be the Blazers. But I agree.

I’m not saying Rudy is going to be moved. What I’m saying is Rudy is going to be moved.

- James Hansen (His Excellency)

Aliens.jpg

The jazz aren’t dumb enough to trade Gobert, but if they are I want the jazz to trade everyone, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogy, everyone. We will not be able to ever get back to the level we are now let alone contenders unless the Nuggets want to help out more. Top ten players don’t grow on trees.

This is my opinion as well. Our only path to a championship is with Donovan AND Rudy. Like if we trade just Rudy then we don't have a realistic way of replacing his impact and star power before Donovan hits unrestricted free agency. If we trade just Donovan then Rudy will be past his prime before the pieces we get back put us into contention (if they ever do). If the Jazz trade one then they basically have to trade the other and completely start over.

And I want no part of that. Enough of the rebuilds.

Just an fyi this guy is dumb AF. Not an insider... this is some Best Buy ****
A couple hours ago I was about to post that this was the guy who made the angry “shame on DL and Quin” video after trading away Exum, envious that now Cleveland ‘gets to develop Exum.’ It’s self-evidently ridiculous, and I held my tongue and chose not to post it as a not-so-subtle jab at credibility, but now that I’m about tired, about to go to bed, and am now reading this, I guess I just say it anyway.