What's new

Anybody else see this on social media?

Below is a deal I might consider as a starting point. Even then, I'm not sure I'd do it.

Utah trades: Rudy Gobert, #23
Utah receives: #1, #17, Zach Lavine

Chicago trades: #4, Zach Lavine, Wendell Carter Jr.
Chicago receives: Rudy Gobert, #23

Minnesota trades: #1, #17
Minnesota receives: #4, Wendell Carter Jr.

Below is a deal I might consider as a starting point. Even then, I'm not sure I'd do it.

It depends what we can flip those picks for. This year's draft is too questionable at the top. Plus even if it's a good draft pick it won't be much help for a couple years or more.

Also I would prefer to get Lauri then Lavine. I just don't think he is a winning player. Maybe young and Lauri instead.

This dude is a chode. His Dante/Clarkson takes are some of the hottest trash I have ever seen in the Jazzosphere so I will relegate his outsider opinion where he gets his takes: the trash.

I like Gobert and want to keep him. But if we trade him we can still be good or even better. But, we can't mess this trade up.
This is pretty much dead on. I just don't see it though, largely because it is hard for me to see a player like Gobert (a defensive stalwart that moves ugly and has scant traditional ability on offense) returning equal or greater value.

It depends what we can flip those picks for. This year's draft is too questionable at the top. Plus even if it's a good draft pick it won't be much help for a couple years or more.

Also I would prefer to get Lauri then Lavine. I just don't think he is a winning player. Maybe young and Lauri instead.

We'd be flipping Gobert for James Wiseman, Zach Lavine and one of RJ Hampton/Saddiq Bey/Aleksej Pokusevski.
James Wiseman is the only player in this draft I'd consider taking in a trade for Gobert. I believe in his shooting, rebounding and rim protection.

We could maybe extend the trade by adding Mike Conley for Otto Porter. We'd be saving some money there.

He posted it because he has a 50/50 shot of being right. If he’s right he’s a genius, if he’s wrong he can say “I didn’t say he WOULD be traded.”

the only trade partner that interests me is Chicago. Brooklyn won’t trade Deandre because it would piss of Kd and kyrie.

I don’t think there’s as big a market for Rudy as anyone thinks there is. The jazz have the advantage in this scenario.

Happy to hear that this source is unreliable. He's someone that I don't follow. So I had no idea.

Dude is so annoying. One of those fans who hated Rubio but praised Exum. He guaranteed Exum would be an all star lmao.
I used to listen to his pod but between the Exum BS and not understanding how anything in the nba works at all I just couldn’t do it.

The bulls and the twolves both have the number 1 pick?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This dude is a chode. His Dante/Clarkson takes are some of the hottest trash I have ever seen in the Jazzosphere so I will relegate his outsider opinion where he gets his takes: the trash.
I’ve totally stopped reading SLC Dunk.

And my digs are not because this couldn't happen... it could... I would believe a hot tip received from a Best Buy employee over this guy though.

If Rudy says "supermax or nothing bitch" then you look at what he might fetch on the trade market. If there is nothing out there that is good I wouldn't mind going into the season with him as a potential free agent. Big men aren't getting paid... and it is trending the wrong way for Rudy. Not sure there are greener pastures even if he makes it to free agency.

And my digs are not because this couldn't happen... it could... I would believe a hot tip received from a Best Buy employee over this guy though.

If Rudy says "supermax or nothing bitch" then you look at what he might fetch on the trade market. If there is nothing out there that is good I wouldn't mind going into the season with him as a potential free agent. Big men aren't getting paid... and it is trending the wrong way for Rudy. Not sure there are greener pastures even if he makes it to free agency.
Which are a bunch of reasons why I don’t see the Jazz trading him: it is just about impossible in my mind that he will return anything close to equal value.

It is staggering narcissism that a dude that is so oblivious and so wrong so often can think his knowledge must be shared with the world.