What's new

Anyone been to Disney World?

fatchipper

So my dad is taking all his kids and grandkids to Disney World this weekend and I was wondering how many have been and if there's any must do's that wouldn't be on the Disney World website? We know about all the rides and stuff like Epcot and the Animal Kingdom, but is there other stuff that would be fun?

I shouldn't have opened this thread, because not only do I not have anything to contribute having never been to Disney World, but now I'm sad that my parents don't have the means to do something similar. :(

I shouldn't have opened this thread, because not only do I not have anything to contribute having never been to Disney World, but now I'm sad that my parents don't have the means to do something similar. :(

It's probably cause they don't really love you.

I like Disneyland better only because of the weather, standing in line for hours in Florida humidity is something I don't wish on my worst enemy.

My parents take our whole family every year for thanksgiving. It's really the highlight of the year. I'm a sucker for disneyland.

So my dad is taking all his kids and grandkids to Disney World this weekend and I was wondering how many have been and if there's any must do's that wouldn't be on the Disney World website? We know about all the rides and stuff like Epcot and the Animal Kingdom, but is there other stuff that would be fun?

Not really. I mean there is a ton of fun stuff to do in Disney World, but most of the stuff will be given to you on a lovely map of some sort. It's a massive place (and about half of it is hotels), and there are other areas than the theme parks like their "downtown" area that has restaurants/shops/arcades/etc. but nothing is exactly secret that I can remember. There are other theme parks in the Orlando area (Universal Studios comes to mind) but Orlando itself is a very underwhelming city. Daytona Beach is cool and not too far away (a couple hour drive) but probably not something you'd want to do if you just have a weekend. Honestly, I'd just go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot (or Animal Kingdom or MGM Studios if the rides/attractions look better there to you and your family...there are also a few waterparks there IIRC) since you can easily fill a day just at each place. And be prepared to spend a fortune on lousy food and other crap haha.

Family vacation there 25 year ago. Was 6 years old.

I remember going to Sea World, the coast (don't remember which side) and I think Cape Canaveral.

There are other theme parks in the Orlando area (Universal Studios comes to mind) but Orlando itself is a very underwhelming city. Daytona Beach is cool and not too far away (a couple hour drive) but probably not something you'd want to do if you just have a weekend. Honestly, I'd just go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot (or Animal Kingdom or MGM Studios if the rides/attractions look better there to you and your family...there are also a few waterparks there IIRC) since you can easily fill a day just at each place. And be prepared to spend a fortune on lousy food and other crap haha.

I really want to check out the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and a friend of mine was telling me about a NASCAR place that will let you drive the car or ride with a pro. Universal Studios was something else I wanted to see.

My dad was saying we all get a food card good for 2 meals a day, so hopefully we don't have to spent a lot on food. I also heard they have smoked turkey legs that are huge.

I really want to check out the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and a friend of mine was telling me about a NASCAR place that will let you drive the car or ride with a pro. Universal Studios was something else I wanted to see.

My dad was saying we all get a food card good for 2 meals a day, so hopefully we don't have to spent a lot on food. I also heard they have smoked turkey legs that are huge.

Literally the only food item worth buying at Disney World.

Blizzard Beach is a good time and a nice break from the heat.
blizzard-beach-summit-plummet-mid.jpg

I hate Disney, always have.. but I hate lines and crappy food. Best part is seeing little kids have a good time.

Personally, my best experience was once meeting Sleeping Booty.

I was there about 12 years ago. Did Disney, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, & Universal. I liked Universal & Animal Kingdom far better than the others.

I hate Disney, always have.. but I hate lines and crappy food. Best part is seeing little kids have a good time.

Personally, my best experience was once meeting Sleeping Booty.

They must have changed the story since I last saw that.