What's new

Anyone else get the feeling....

Qman

Anyone else get the feeling that Snyder likes to find minutes for Chris Johnson because of frenetic effort level? For someone 'destined' to be cut he is getting a decent amount of minutes.

I am starting to wonder if we don't end up trading or cutting someone unexpectedly just so Chris can make the team. But who could it be?

With Exum being gimpy again we probably will need Mack at least early in the season.

So that kinda leaves Ingles, Bolomboy, Withey or Neto.

It doesn't make sense but I cannot shake the feeling.

I was disappointed that Bolomboy didn't get a run against Phoenix. That's really all i have to add.

Anyone else get the feeling that Snyder likes to find minutes for Chris Johnson because of frenetic effort level? For someone 'destined' to be cut he is getting a decent amount of minutes.

I am starting to wonder if we don't end up trading or cutting someone unexpectedly just so Chris can make the team. But who could it be?

With Exum being gimpy again we probably will need Mack at least early in the season.

So that kinda leaves Ingles, Bolomboy, Withey or Neto.

It doesn't make sense but I cannot shake the feeling.

Johnson is getting minutes because he is really our only backup 2 guard with Burks injured. Ingles and Johnson are more small forward, and exum and Mack are point guards.

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is on the roster and Neto or Mack are traded.

I think he is getting the minutes because he has spent 1.5 years with the team and it's like a thank you for the work he has put in.

Exum isn't gimpy, he's fine.

Ingles is making the roster.

I think it's showcasing him a little so another team picks him up. Jazz way of saying thanks for what you gave us. Still think he's the one cut.

But we'll find out.

Exum isn't gimpy, he's fine.

Ingles is making the roster.

I think it's showcasing him a little so another team picks him up. Jazz way of saying thanks for what you gave us. Still think he's the one cut.

But we'll find out.

If someone is cut other than CJ I suspect Withey would be a candidate because of his non-guaranteed contract.

If CJ could hit a jump shot, he'd be valuable. If he improved his shooting ability over the summer, I wouldn't mind keeping him. But last year he was just awful at the corner three. He's no DeMarre Carroll, but he's DeMarre Carroll-lite (is that fair to say?)

I would be surprised if they cut Withey, despite his poor offensive play. Sure - they could cut him and use Favors at the five when Gobert's not on the floor (and maybe use Diaw at five in small ball) but I think having a legit lane clogger at the backup center spot as a precaution will keep that spot filled and not for Chris Johnson. Neto is the only one on that list I can see them trading but only if they received value. Snyder calls Ingles 'the glue of the Jazz' - he likely isn't going anywhere.

yet he's always getting a hand on the ball on defense better than his swifter footed team mates

He's slow but he can still create space. He's the guy at the gym that you think you will own and you underestimate him... all of a sudden he has a couple layups and threes and u can't figure out what's going on. Classic old man dad type game. I truly enjoy him in a bench complimentary 15 minute a night type of role.

I don't get the feeling at all the CJ is on the team. And I see no way that we don't keep Ingles and Bolomboy. Seems to me they see Bolomboy as having an upside they want to develop. And if they move Withey he will be replaced with another cheap back up 5. IMO the only people in play for being moved are Neto and Mack. If we keep both of them, CJ is gone.

It's Withey or CJ, it's that simple. Everyone with a guaranteed contract is probably safe barring a catastrophic injury or them have a PR nightmare.

If Bolomboy was out there getting minutes I would question if Withey was getting cut, but he isn't. I think Withey is pretty safe.

Both Favors and Gobert are going to miss games. Derrick has back problems that are likely to flare up. Yes, Utah has Diaw, but I think a true 5 is more valuable than another wing, especially if Burks is coming back for the start of the regular season. Utah has a lot of wings.

Both Favors and Gobert are going to miss games. Derrick has back problems that are likely to flare up. Yes, Utah has Diaw, but I think a true 5 is more valuable than another wing, especially if Burks is coming back for the start of the regular season. Utah has a lot of wings.

He had back problems one year and it was due to his bed. I don't think his back will be a problem.

For his career, Derrick has averaged 9 missed games/season. He's never played in all 82. It's likely he'll miss some games.

I think they gave him a couple of minutes to help try to find him a job.

Barring injury, he's not making this team.