• This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Anyone think we might buy a couple extra 1st rounders?

gregbroncs

Fair point on Maynor, I'll concede that. But, they are aggressive when there's somebody they like and they have the ammunition to make a deal. That's how they got D-Will. Buying draft picks is a pretty rare practice by any team in the league regardless.
I would call the DWill trade desperation more than anything. That's the only time they have shown that they would be willing to move up to go get who they want in the early part of the draft.

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
Harpring was only costing the Jazz the luxury tax and a minimum in salary. The rest was covered by insurance. Greg and KOC panicked. They took the 1st deal they could get that saved money. When you have a sunk cost, you live with it. You don't trade good talent away.

Easy to say when it's someone else's money.

Shaggy

I would call the DWill trade desperation more than anything. That's the only time they have shown that they would be willing to move up to go get who they want in the early part of the draft.

objection your honor, pure speculation!

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest

Are they supposed to trade up every season? When you pick where the Jazz pick usually it's pretty hard to make a move. I'm not saying that I'm always pleased by their lack of aggressiveness by any means, but you've also got to understand the position they are in and the constraints they are under. They aren't really in a position to make aggressive moves in the draft all of the time.

Mambo

Buying draft picks that arent in the top 15 will be a waste. This draft is pretty weak down the stretch.

Darkwing Duck

There could be some guys that fall into the late teens that are definitely going to pan out in the NBA. Four to five million for the first year is a lot to spend for that type of pick, though.