What's new

Game Thread Apr 07, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-07-21

We are 1.5 pt favorites. lol

Prediction - unfortunately I think we are in for a close game and a heart-breaking loss. NOOOO!!!!

Wish we come with a better defensive effort and strategy than against Dallas. The loss on monday were ugly not only cause we lost, but also as we played like ****, failed to consistently provide proper offense while going under every damn screen through 48 minutes, so I'll just say that I don't wanna see it again tonight.

Can’t play anything like how we did against Dallas.

I haven’t watched very much of the Suns. But I did see enough to make me wonder how effective their offense is if you take away their first or second reads. They didn’t look very good in a scramble-and-react mode—when someone besides CP3 or Booker was forced to do something with the ball. —But, of course, we don’t matchup very well with them in this regard. CP and Booker will get a lot of what they want.

... So we’ll need to outlast them. I think we need a 40% 3pt shooting night to win this one on the road. With 45+ attempts. Clarkson needs to find his groove in the paint.

Can’t play anything like how we did against Dallas.

I haven’t watched very much of the Suns. But I did see enough to make me wonder how effective their offense is if you take away their first or second reads. They didn’t look very good in a scramble-and-react mode—when someone besides CP3 or Booker was forced to do something with the ball. —But, of course, we don’t matchup very well with them in this regard. CP and Booker will get a lot of what they want.

... So we’ll need to outlast them. I think we need a 40% 3pt shooting night to win this one on the road. With 45+ attempts. Clarkson needs to find his groove in the paint.
They are atrocious rebounders, something like 20th in the league. This is a game for Gober to DOMINATE!!

They are a high FG % team, leading the league I believe, so with CP3 and Booker their mid-range game is stellar. This could be a problem as our defense is designed to force mid-range shots. Could be a feast for Paul. Plus we have no one who can stay in front of Paul or Booker, so they will be attacking the rim all night. And they are half-way decent on 3s, like 8th in the league for percentage, 10th or something for attempts, might be lower I am remembering off the top of my head here.

And the initial injury report shows Conley out with left achilles soreness, but I bet they meant hammy.

This will be a battle no doubt.

Massive game. I just want us to look like ourselves. The good version.
Even a casual fan checking in every once in a while knows the Suns are movin' on up. If we can't/don't stop them here our top standing is in question. For them it's a statement game. For us it's a credibility game.

I have to give some grudging cred to Log on the observation that we haven't been doing our best for some games back. I hope the Mavs loss style won't be a thing.

I've been a DM fan for some time, and becoming more of a Clarkson fan too. I didn't appreciate some of the others as much but definitely we need 6 players on the up game tonight. 45% on 3s. Good D.

Last edited:
I think this game is the one the players were waiting for. The media has been hyping this game for some time now. It's going to be a battle for sure.

I don't feel great about this game. It is a must win though.

Either we win and the media narrative is now we are validated as a contender... or we lose and are a fraud... nothing in between.

I don't think we will be able to slow them down much based on where they get their shots... would be a good game to see some playoff type adjustments and how they could work. If we have a good 3 point shooting game we win... average shooting or below and I think we most likely lose.

The players seem to know that this is a marked game on the calendar so if they come out focused and on a mission then we will pull off the victory.

Really hope our 3 point HYDRA blender shoots the Suns off the court.

The players seem to know that this is a marked game on the calendar so if they come out focused and on a mission then we will pull off the victory.

Really hope our 3 point HYDRA blender shoots the Suns off the court.

Wait a minute. You guys are playing the Suns tonight?

:D You guys are toast!

You better hope Typhoid Rudy comes down with it again and the game is cancelled.