What's new

Game Thread Apr 23, 2022 02:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 04-23-22

That Rudy Gobert free throw stretch of the game was a weird stretch. I mean it didn't really work cause he was missing them. But it kinda worked too. Dallas was getting in foul trouble and in the penalty, they couldn't get into a rythm, and they always had to go against our set defense. No running for them during that stretch. If Gobert hit his free throws at his normal 70% clip (he is having a career high year from the line) then we win easy.
Very interesting and strange part of the game.
He did hit 50% of them which was just enough

Nah House and Clarkson both closed the game.

Royce got burned by Brunson on a late play and then got benched.
I guess I missed this. What did Royce do? This is a huge adjustment and acknowledgement by Quin, especially when you’re leaving Clarkson in for a defensive possession.

That Rudy Gobert free throw stretch of the game was a weird stretch. I mean it didn't really work cause he was missing them. But it kinda worked too. Dallas was getting in foul trouble and in the penalty, they couldn't get into a rythm, and they always had to go against our set defense. No running for them during that stretch. If Gobert hit his free throws at his normal 70% clip (he is having a career high year from the line) then we win easy.
Very interesting and strange part of the game.

He actually out scored them 3-2 by himself for a 2+ minute stretch lol.

I guess I missed this. What did Royce do? This is a huge adjustment and acknowledgement by Quin, especially when you’re leaving Clarkson in for a defensive possession.
Got cooked badly by brunson at the end of the game. We all went off in this thread about it.

It was also nice that he recognized that conley just doesn't have it this series against this opponent.

I still cannot believe the Jazz won this game. I thought they were dead in the water. 16 missed free throws and 28 percent shooting from 3pt and 40 from 2 pt and they were able to sneak out a win. Doesn't have to be pretty and now they go to Dallas even. It was nice to see DM pass it to Rudy for the go ahead basket. The was the right basketball play.

I was definitely critical of Clarkson earlier in the season when he was struggling, but I've really got to hand it to him...he has been phenomenal in this series. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we would've been at risk of getting swept without him, he's one of the main reasons this series is tied up at 2 games apiece.

Got cooked badly by brunson at the end of the game. We all went off in this thread about it.
No, I know that. What I mean is whoever I originally quoted said that Royce threw a fit not closing. I hadn’t realized he wasn’t out there.

My wife through her work was offered lower bowl tickets. She asked if I was interested. I told her, “no thanks” and we turned down lower bowl playoff tickets.

That’s how bad this team is. I’m eager for this era to end. It’s time.

Oof. I just checked my espn app. Glad I’m not there wasting my entire Saturday afternoon. The weather is beautiful gardening weather. If we make a game of it I’ll watch it later tonight. I’m a fan the franchise but definitely not a fan of this team. Blow it the **** up.

Nomination for the worst posts of ALL-TIME in JazzFanz history.

Dude missed one of the greatest plays in Jazz history.

lolz