What's new

Game Thread Apr 24, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 04-24-21

Meh this is a cheap argument.

You're at home, fighting for the top seed in the NBA playoffs, something the organization hasn't had since 1998 - over 20 years ago - and lay an egg against the second worst team in the NBA. Oh, and BTW, you've already lost to them once already.

It's a **** loss that basically tells me the Jazz don't have the mental toughness to go out and win the West, let alone the Finals.

This team is primed to get bounced in the semifinals, as has been their ceiling for a bulk of the last 20 years.

The Jazz should be glad they're up three games on the Clippers in the loss column because if they weren't, I'd start planning on Utah falling to 3rd, and maybe a series with a healthy Lakers team.

No question, the second half of the season has been a huge letdown by the Jazz. All I heard was how the Suns faced this impossibly tough schedule and the Jazz faced such an easy schedule that they'd run away with the top record, especially when LeBron went down.

Hell, that thread comparing this year's Jazz team to 1997's and their quest for the top record out west has been awfully quiet the last few weeks. I wonder why? Because that team knew history was in its grasp and rattled off 24 wins in their last 26 games.

This team is soft. They're not a title contender. They're a 5 seed parading around as the top seed and likely won't even be a top seed when it's all said and done.
Look up pretty much any team who won the nba championship in nba history. You will find that they had bad losses similar to the jazz last night during their championship season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Meh this is a cheap argument.

You're at home, fighting for the top seed in the NBA playoffs, something the organization hasn't had since 1998 - over 20 years ago - and lay an egg against the second worst team in the NBA. Oh, and BTW, you've already lost to them once already.

It's a **** loss that basically tells me the Jazz don't have the mental toughness to go out and win the West, let alone the Finals.

This team is primed to get bounced in the semifinals, as has been their ceiling for a bulk of the last 20 years.

The Jazz should be glad they're up three games on the Clippers in the loss column because if they weren't, I'd start planning on Utah falling to 3rd, and maybe a series with a healthy Lakers team.

No question, the second half of the season has been a huge letdown by the Jazz. All I heard was how the Suns faced this impossibly tough schedule and the Jazz faced such an easy schedule that they'd run away with the top record, especially when LeBron went down.

Hell, that thread comparing this year's Jazz team to 1997's and their quest for the top record out west has been awfully quiet the last few weeks. I wonder why? Because that team knew history was in its grasp and rattled off 24 wins in their last 26 games.

This team is soft. They're not a title contender. They're a 5 seed parading around as the top seed and likely won't even be a top seed when it's all said and done.
Btw everyone freaking out about the jazz record since the all star break and they have gone 17-7 during that stretch while they have also been dealing with the most missed games/injuries from their roster this season.

17-7 when you haven't been full strength very often isn't bad. In fact I'm pretty sure that winning percentage gets a team into the playoffs easily.

17-7 since the all star break and everyone is freaking out. 17-7 is a winning percentage of 70.8%.
You know how many teams have a better winning percentage than 70.8? Only 1. You know who that team is? The jazz at 73.3 for the season.

Lol at all the freaking out.

Btw everyone freaking out about the jazz record since the all star break and they have gone 17-7 during that stretch while they have also been dealing with the most missed games/injuries from their roster this season.

17-7 when you haven't been full strength very often isn't bad. In fact I'm pretty sure that winning percentage gets a team into the playoffs easily.

17-7 since the all star break and everyone is freaking out. 17-7 is a winning percentage of 70.8%.
You know how many teams have a better winning percentage than 70.8? Only 1. You know who that team is? The jazz at 73.3 for the season.

So what you're saying is 17-7. Not 17-7, but 17-7.

Got it!

Amazing that during one of the best regular seasons ever for this team a good chunk of our fans can't just enjoy it. They have to complain and say all the reasons they think we suck. I know a lot of people are trying to not be disappointed later if we don't win it all, but what's the point of being a sports fan then. If you can't appreciate this type of regular season and be excited for the playoffs then I feel a little bad for you. But, to each their own, I guess. I just don't understand. Why be the biggest skeptic of the team you cheer for that has the best record in the NBA and a historic one at that for the Jazz.

I know winning it all isn't a guarantee at all. But I'm still excited and think we have as good of chance as any team this year. I'm going to keep being excited and expecting us to win in the playoffs. If we don't, oh well. At least I enjoyed the journey and had fun time cheering and watching a great Jazz team. I don't think the doubters can jump on the bandwagon now. If we do get lucky and win, it's too late for them to really enjoy it and appreciate it.

Amazing that during one of the best regular seasons ever for this team a good chunk of our fans can't just enjoy it. They have to complain and say all the reasons they think we suck. I know a lot of people are trying to not be disappointed later if we don't win it all, but what's the point of being a sports fan then. If you can't appreciate this type of regular season and be excited for the playoffs then I feel a little bad for you. But, to each their own, I guess. I just don't understand. Why be the biggest skeptic of the team you cheer for that has the best record in the NBA and a historic one at that for the Jazz.

I know winning it all isn't a guarantee at all. But I'm still excited and think we have as good of chance as any team this year. I'm going to keep being excited and expecting us to win in the playoffs. If we don't, oh well. At least I enjoyed the journey and had fun time cheering and watching a great Jazz team. I don't think the doubters can jump on the bandwagon now. If we do get lucky and win, it's too late for them to really enjoy it and appreciate it.
Yeah, I dont get why some people even like the Jazz the way they talk about the team this season.

Like the Jazz are teh best team in the NBA (at least record wise) and have been a ton of fun to watch, but if you can't stop posting about how much you think Derrick Favors sucks and how our future is ruined because of a 3 year MLE level contract, why are you even a fan?

I can sympathize with some of the pessimism. I sometimes indulge in a bit of psychological protection, not wanting to have such high hopes in case they are dashed. It can be really painful, caring about that ultimate prize and then watching things fall apart! I feel like I'm still emotionally scarred in some ways from the Finals runs. Which feels so silly when you think of it in the grander scheme of things. This season I feel a lot of hope, and that makes me nervous. Don't want heartbreak. But of course, the possibility of losing is what makes the game exciting.

I was as pissed as anyone watching the game on Saturday, also largely why I wasn't getting online to post until today.

To me the Jazz defense was fine overall, it was the offense crapped the bed, then laid down rolled in the crap that then caused them to puke all over themselves that then tried to start swallowing the puke but couldn't so started squirting out their mouth into their nose and eyes. That sums up the Jazz offense IMO. I swear during games where I'm swearing at my TV and getting my undies in a bunch that the Jazz would rather (usually Ingles) turn it over then shoot, specifically that first catch in shoot pass early in the shot clock.

MIN defense found a good combo of letting the Jazz pass or drive and then pass, the most obvious is Ingles as the example. We all know he'd rather do most anything else then shoot, so the defender just does a controlled close out knowing Ingles likely will not shoot the semi open 3, they then can keep Ingles on their hip where he thinks he can drive but we all know Ingles still would rather pass then shoot a layup and the defense was just overplaying the passing lanes. How Conley played in crunch time was another good example, difference is Conley usually will take the open shot but because he missed a couple he puckered up and chose to pass instead.

That's an over simplistic explanation but mid way through the 2nd qtr it was pretty easy to see how MIN defense was playing it. They aren't the first to do it there have been games where teams have taken the passing lanes away forcing the Jazz to have a low assist game.

I can sympathize with some of the pessimism. I sometimes indulge in a bit of psychological protection, not wanting to have such high hopes in case they are dashed. It can be really painful, caring about that ultimate prize and then watching things fall apart! I feel like I'm still emotionally scarred in some ways from the Finals runs. Which feels so silly when you think of it in the grander scheme of things. This season I feel a lot of hope, and that makes me nervous. Don't want heartbreak. But of course, the possibility of losing is what makes the game exciting.
Pessimism is fine, it's the dudes like nateboz who are just insufferably negative.

Yep Stock said it best in regards to the championship runs and falling short... can't find the exact quote but it has been repeated enough.... that you have to enjoy the journey and implying that if you're not happy without it, you won't be with it.

Yep Stock said it best in regards to the championship runs and falling short... can't find the exact quote but it has been repeated enough.... that you have to enjoy the journey and implying that if you're not happy without it, you won't be with it.
I thought that was John Candy.

The Jazz started out fine but when the 3's stopped falling for a few minutes they became hesitant with their 3 point shots and tried driving instead of passing. To compound the problem, they were throwing lazy and stupid passes. THEY JUST TOTALLY STOPPED PLAYING JAZZ BALL.

I bitch because it relieves the stress of a bad loss.

Also, this season is trending in a direction that won't put it among one of the best regular seasons in franchise history. And I think that's what is so frustrating for a lot of fans. At the All Star Break, the Jazz legit looked like they might run away with the West and now they're barely hanging onto dear life for the one seed.

This team just does not look like a team built for a deep playoff run.

Last edited: