What's new

Game Thread Apr 28, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 04-28-22

Throw in whatever draft asset you’re talking about. Throw Butler into the fire as our new PG or at least primary backup if DM is PG, then find a new coach.

Edit:
Sorry, this was Grant and Olynyk for Mike, NAW, and Royce.
Vogel’s the guy if they’re not nuking it. Bryant is the guy if they are.

Nowhere should Quin be on the list. It’s time.

that was a great last play. There were some things the Jazz did better this game, but too little too late. I’m ready for the off season, though that will likely end up frustrating me as well!

Also kind of wild that I feel like Luka crushed us, but he only had 24 points on 21 shots. Royce did a great job tonight.

But damn did he hit a lot of clutch shots.

conley went undecided that's why he stopped and travelled. a bonehead play for a vet PG. but then he never really played well all series. he was invisible, he had no impact. he was just riding along whereas he should be taking over. at times he looks afraid to shoot. he should be the first one gone next season.
I don’t like to point fingers because a good coach doesn’t expose a guy like that but Conley absolutely killed us down the stretch. Even though he had struggled all game (and all series). even at one point passing to a surprised Gobert when he had a wide open layup, he dibbled up court and cast off a clanked three at 1:17 causing Jim Jackson to comment unfavorably. And then of course the travel with 5 seconds left when he never should have picked up the dribble.

The Jazz had a lot of calls go their way down the stretch that would've infuriated me if I was a Mavs fan. We shot 20 FTs to their 11.

This failure goes on the team.

Vogel’s the guy if they’re not nuking it. Bryant is the guy if they are.

Nowhere should Quin be on the list. It’s time.
I don't think Bryant is up there with the top assistant coaches yet. I haven't seen his name circulate around. Though there are some potential coaches among assistants like Darvin Ham, Jamahl Mosley and Vanterpool.

Jazz could go with Vogel and Atkinson if they want someone proven.

I believe Llyod Pierce, although he went sour with the Hawks, would be nice. It's not like Nate McMillan was able to turn things around. The team forced a coaching change, used it as a boost and took a step backwards.

I don’t like to point fingers because a good coach doesn’t expose a guy like that but Conley absolutely killed us down the stretch. Even though he had struggled all game (and all series). even at one point passing to a surprised Gobert when he had a wide open layup, he dibbled up court and cast off a clanked three at 1:17 causing Jim Jackson to comment unfavorably. And then of course the travel with 5 seconds left when he never should have picked up the dribble.
he was very open on that layup. he played well in the first half but faded in the second. 0 assist in the 2nd half

Ugh, that sucked. Oh well, I guess the bright side was not watching them getting whipped in Game 7.

I hope the Suns pound the hell out of the Mavs.