What's new

Are There Any Pit Bull Owners On Jazzfanz.com?

They're like loaded guns. Follow correct safety procedures and it's ok.
Most deaths attributed to pit bulls are caused by parents or grandparents losing sight of the toddler under their care. Pet owners really need to get a handle on their bees and wasps. Those are far more dangerous.

Average Number of Deaths per Year in the U.S
Bee/Wasp53
Dogs31
Spider6.5
Rattlesnake5.5
Mountain lion1
Shark1
Alligator0.3
Bear0.5
Scorpion0.5
Centipede0.5
Elephant0.25
Wolf0.1
Horse20
Bull3

Last edited:
Seriously, I would never own a pure-bred pit bull. There's just too much room for error with a child. That said, we have a lab who has a little bit of pit in her. And she's extremely gentle. But she's also a rescue dog who had been abused (we can tell by her timidity, a few scars. and extreme cowering). She's not good for much...doesn't fetch, chase balls, hates the water. But we love her anyway.

Most deaths attributed to pit bulls are caused by parents or grandparents losing sight of the toddler under their care.
I think bad supervision is epidemic, but not relevant to my point here. Even so I'd be interested in your data on this if you have it.

Seriously, I would never own a pure-bred pit bull. There's just too much room for error with a child. That said, we have a lab who has a little bit of pit in her. And she's extremely gentle. But she's also a rescue dog who had been abused (we can tell by her timidity, a few scars. and extreme cowering). She's not good for much...doesn't fetch, chase balls, hates the water. But we love her anyway.
But to me your dog would be an unknown quantity. I don't think there's any doubt what pit bulls are capable of compared to other breeds.

Most deaths attributed to pit bulls are caused by parents or grandparents losing sight of the toddler under their care. Pet owners really need to get a handle on their bees and wasps. Those are far more dangerous.

Bee/Wasp53
Dogs31
Spider6.5
Rattlesnake5.5
Mountain lion1
Shark1
Alligator0.3
Bear0.5
Scorpion0.5
Centipede0.5
Elephant0.25
Wolf0.1
Horse20
Bull3

2012-fatality-chart.gif

I think this data set is a little more applicable.

Is it okay to call your female pit-bull a "bitch" or is that going to be construed as sexist and get OB's panties in a bunch?

no, that would be the grave trespass against progress known as a "specious" statement, an even more disturbing human failure to be ideologically perfect, calling for even more strident measures at law intended to perfect man in the image of pipe dream.

... Pet owners really need to get a handle on their bees and wasps. Those are far more dangerous.

Bee/Wasp53
Dogs31

[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]

These numbers greatly understate the impact on people from dog attacks.
These numbers understate deaths. Many people have suffered attacks that lead to a shortened life span, but the cause of death would be listed as something else , like heart attack or stroke, and the dog attack would never make this list.

Many other people suffer terrible injuries from dogs but do not die from them, and many more suffer uneccessary fear or trauma that adversely effects their lives.

Last edited:
I don't get this sentiment. They're animals & we should deal with them as such. It doesn't bother me putting down an aggressive dog any more than it bothers me slaughtering a cow for the beef. Getting rid of dogs is business with no room for sentiment.

I disagree. Yes the dog is an animal but it somethign made it aggressive the way it is. Usually thru the actions of the owner. Wether by training or neglect/abuse. SO the dog is just being what it was made to be and then what happens? We put down the dog.

Seems like a case of treating the symptom and not the cause to me. Yes the dog needs to go but there should be penalties for the owner as well. Perhaps negligence, charges of assault...

I Agree In Theory With Stoked. I Think The Humans That Deserve It Should Be Put To Sleep To Like Dogs Are And I'm Not Just Talking About Murderers Caught Red-Handed. I'm Talking About Humans Sick Enough To Abuse Other Beings Weather They Be Human Or Animal And A Hole List Of Despicable Actions. But That Will Never Happen.

IT WAS MY COUSINS PET CENTIPEED THAT GOT OUT AND KILLED HALF A PERSON LAST YEAR, I WAS DEVESTATED THAT IT HAPENNED. HE HAD TO FEED IT TO A LARGE BIRD BECAUSE ONCE THEY KILL THEY GET A TASTE FOR HUMAN FLESH. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE HUMANE TO PUTIT TO SLEEP OR GIVE IT THE ELECTRIC CHAIR OR SOMETHIN BUT OH WELL. I MISS GOOD OLE LEGGAPUS REX. I ALSO AGREE WITH STOKED ABOUT SOMETHING.i

IT WAS MY COUSINS PET CENTIPEED THAT GOT OUT AND KILLED HALF A PERSON LAST YEAR, I WAS DEVESTATED THAT IT HAPENNED. HE HAD TO FEED IT TO A LARGE BIRD BECAUSE ONCE THEY KILL THEY GET A TASTE FOR HUMAN FLESH. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE HUMANE TO PUTIT TO SLEEP OR GIVE IT THE ELECTRIC CHAIR OR SOMETHIN BUT OH WELL. I MISS GOOD OLE LEGGAPUS REX. I ALSO AGREE WITH STOKED ABOUT SOMETHING.i

Hahaha, this made me smile. Well played.

Countonbbuckets = same alt as saltair.

I have two pits bulls and an american bulldog. Love them. Pits are great dogs.

A pit bull tried to bite my dog just yesterday while i was hiking

I usually let my dog go up to other dogs and sniff them and whatnot and usually there is no issue at all...... Now i will be much more wary of letting my dog meet a pitbull again.... thank god the pitbull owners were responsible and had thier dog leashed and under control or it would have whooped my dogs ***. (my dog is not a fighter at all)

Don't laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFSFR2s7Ig