What's new

Are you happy now?

craig2112

Ok, with all of this complaining about the Jazz losing players and that the Jazz might suck next year, I have to put this idea out.

Would this have made anyone happy:

Jazz sign Boozer for 80 mil over 5 years
Jazz sign Korver for 15 over 3
Jazz get Wes for 7 mil a year

Jazz are obviously way past the LT and will still be over the cap next year when AK's contract expires.

Anyone feeling good about this?

Ok, with all of this complaining about the Jazz losing players and that the Jazz might suck next year, I have to put this idea out.

Jazz are obviously way past the LT and will still be over the cap next year when AK's contract expires.

No. Those are all bad deals. Collectively, it is just horrid. Our roster last season was barely second round team (we hit a Denver team that was falling apart) and nothing more. You don't lock up mediocrity for the next 3-5 years.

I am very, very happy that Boozer will be robbing someone else blind for the next six years by missing a third of his games because of phony injuries, resting up on defense, and always being about himself and never the team. Very happy.

I am happy with all of these deals. I am actually quite pleased with most of the deals that have been made over the last few years. It's not trading Boozer sooner I did not like. But ehh...I'm good.

Until Brewer is resigned then I'm going to go ballistic. :)

Out of these 3 guys, the one that I thought we should have kept is Boozer. Every championship caliber team needs about 3 star caliber players in it. Maybe we can get by with 2, if they have some of the best players in NBA history on their roster, like Michael Jordan. For our team, 2 guys were Deron and Booz. And we just lost one of these guys for nothing. And the thing is, there was quite a bit of interest in Booz. Both Nets and Bulls offered him same contract. And Nets were bummed out that he didn't sign with them. Shocked even. And Booz actually came to us, according to Siler, and let us match the offer and keep him. And if Jazz think Millsap can fill his shoes and become a star, maybe trade him to the Nets in December for a lottery pick or explore trade market to get a great player back for him or Millsap. Obviously Nets would be interested, since they offered him such a huge deal and were bummed he did not accept. Whatever the case may be, bottom line is, we just lost one of our 2 stars for nothing, when given a chance to keep him. That hurts, Craig, no matter how you slice it.

brewer UGHhhh GTFO. right. 8th guy on the bench, $2 mil year player makes/breaks a championship, look at the lakers.? hello? no thx to brewer, that experiment fLOPPED already. double jeopardy lol

I am very happy that we are starting the mini-rebuilding process we should have started 2 years ago. Letting Boozer go is a great development and not overpaying for Korver and possibly not overpaying of Matthews are smart moves by O'Connor, but there's still a long way to go.

I am very happy that we are starting the mini-rebuilding process we should have started 2 years ago. Letting Boozer go is a great development and not overpaying for Korver and possibly not overpaying of Matthews are smart moves by O'Connor, but there's still a long way to go.

100% agreed. utah has to be fiscally responsible. 5 mil a year for korver??? for a guy who only makes half his shots. o_O.

Sometimes ya wanna bash a guy, just because someone else is tryin to pump him up into sumthin he aint, eh?

And sometimes ya defends a guy cause he bein bashed for no good reasons, too.

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Has anyone ever noticed how convenient it is that all these guys git on the same damn plane at the same damn time when they leave town to play a game?