What's new

Arenas admits lying to coaching staff

Boondocksaint27

https://nba-point-forward.si.com/?eref=sihp

Arenas, as you know by now, lied to the Wizards’ coaching staff about feeling some discomfort in his knee in order to get out of Tuesday night’s preseason game against the Hawks. Arenas said afterward that he “faked” the injury so fourth-year guard Nick Young – who is stuck in the guard/forward netherworld behind Arenas, Kirk Hinrich and John Wall, and competing somewhat equally against Josh Howard and Al Thornton — could start.

Let’s review two things:

A) Arenas lied to his coach

B) Arenas admitted lying to his coach about the condition of his knee — the body part that has robbed Arenas of much of the last three seasons. The body part that, even more than Finger Guns, makes Arenas and his $80 million deal (that’s the amount left on the contract) the most untradeable contract in the NBA. The condition of Arenas’ knee is not a joke.

Haven't seen this anywhere else on here so I thought I would post it. Not surprising to me that he would lie to get out of a preseason game. Surprising to me that he would admit to lying to coaches to get out of a preseason game.

....the ONLY things that wouldn't surprise me with agent zero would be him getting busted for drugs, a DUI, getting capped at a strip club, being stopped for tinted windows, or perhaps keeling over for some type of skin infection brought on by an additional jail-house tat!

I think he is saying "trade me", indirectly. Problem is: Who in the hell wants a guy making 20 millionish per season for the next few years, who just got out of jail (er halfway house), lies to his coach, and has bad knees? Anyone?