What's new

At this stage of the off-season, where do you think the Jazz finish in the West?

Where do you expect the Jazz to finish in the Western Conference standings?

• Win the West

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Homecourt in the 1st round of the playoffs (2-4 seed)

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Playoff team (5 or 6 seed)

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Play-in team (7-10 seed)

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • Bottom-5 team

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters
We won 37 games last year and we were tanking our asses off the last few weeks of the season. All indications are the Jazz want to be good this season so that the OKC pick will convey. Barring serious injuries, I don't see how we could be worse than last year.
It is easy to see how we could have a worse record. The west was destroyed by injuries last year which created a lot more parody than would normally happen. There are a bunch of teams that have a lot of room for improvement just from a health perspective while also simply getting better from adding players. This year I think we will be a better team than last year but I'm not sure that equates to a better record.

I was thinking early October, after training camps start. If Lillard is moved within the Western Conference, that could change people's predictions, and I don't want too messy of a thread to sort through.
Fair enough. Makes sense.

Anyone want some easy money, bet the over on wins for this year. Wow those are some low estimates.
I just tried to log on to draft kings to do just that, because it's easy money. Unfortunately it's website and app are not supported in my country and they won't work if you have a vpn on.

Changing my take. I think we finish as the 6th seed and win 46 games and could finish as high as the 4 seed. Collins is a massive addition. Younger guys like Kessler, Agbaji, THT, and even Sexton should be better, possibly noticeably better, given improvement and feeling more comfortable in our system. Our bench is deep. If Sexton and Agbaji start, we have Clarkson, Olynyk, George, THT and Hendricks off the bench.

A ton hinges on our guard play…obviously. But I think if we see improvement from THT, Agbaji, and Sexton, the 4 seed is possible.

I just tried to log on to draft kings to do just that, because it's easy money. Unfortunately it's website and app are not supported in my country and they won't work if you have a vpn on.
I use MyBookie. It has been very reliable with no issues moving money around and has been very stable. Check it out.

I just went there and they do not have the season odds up yet for betting. There are a couple others, one is everygame, another is bovada I think. Worth checking them out.

Last edited:
I use MyBookie. It has been very reliable with no issues moving money around and has been very stable. Check it out.

I just went there and they do not have the season odds up yet for betting. There are a couple others, one is everygame, another is bovada I think. Worth checking them out.
I'll definitely check it out. I've started playing keno here in Ethiopia with the guys in my neighborhood while we drink and sometimes chew khat, so basically I'm a gambling addict now. I do the max get here which is 20 cents.

5-6 seed now… 1-2 seed if they get Dame. People keep talking timeline, but the timeline is now while we have a bunch of young talent on cheap contracts.

To get 1-2 you need to not develop the rookies.

I think we will miss out barely again. I think we tank and preserve our top 10 pick for 2024 draft. Build from within

Jazz FO want the pick to convey. Following year's draft is stronger. And if it gets deferred to 2026 then the swaps explode

Let's count IT.
Which team have a chance to be worst than UT.

DALLAS - better
DENVER - better
GOLDEN STATE - better
HOUSTON - better
LALAKERS - better
LACLIPPERS - better
MEMPHIS - better
MINNESOTA - better
NEW ORLEAN - better
OKLAHOMA - better
PHOENIX - better
PORTLAND - better
PHOENIX - better
SACRAMENTO - better
SAN ANTONIO - better

It is not Dame time. Danny A. has time he got it because of reboulding.

6 of these 14 teams will be worse.

I'll definitely check it out. I've started playing keno here in Ethiopia with the guys in my neighborhood while we drink and sometimes chew khat, so basically I'm a gambling addict now. I do the max get here which is 20 cents.
I have been interested in khat. Tough to get here though.

Changing my take. I think we finish as the 6th seed and win 46 games and could finish as high as the 4 seed. Collins is a massive addition. Younger guys like Kessler, Agbaji, THT, and even Sexton should be better, possibly noticeably better, given improvement and feeling more comfortable in our system. Our bench is deep. If Sexton and Agbaji start, we have Clarkson, Olynyk, George, THT and Hendricks off the bench.

A ton hinges on our guard play…obviously. But I think if we see improvement from THT, Agbaji, and Sexton, the 4 seed is possible.
This.

Our starters are better than last year. Lauri is much improved and him + JC who we retained were our top 2 guys. Collins and Kessler are now starting over KO and Vando which is a massive upgrade. Whoever starts with them is likely a slight downgrade from Conley though, but its not like Sexton/Dunn/Key/Ochai dont look plausible to solidify themselves as legit NBA starters.

However keep in mind that 3 of the 4 listed there are coming off the bench with KO, (much improved) THT and others making our 2nd unit a problem for our opponents.

Last year our 2nd unit was one of the best in the league up until the LA trade, and same could be true for the entirety of next season.

The Jazz are super interesting to me. I think they might be one of the most collectively athletic teams in the league. I think they have one of the best frontcourts in the league. And I think all of that can be undone if they don’t find good point guard play and if they don’t get the collective buy in that they had last season in the lockerroom. If they do get good guard play, they might just finish five or six. If they don’t, they might finish 11th.