What's new

Game Thread Aug 19, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 08-19-20

I’ve said it a 1000 times — DM IS OUR PG!
Great court vision, great passer, great floor general. And he will only get better.
We’ve got to do the right thing this off season. Somehow get rid of Conley, solidify our bench, and find ourselves a starting SF.
PF don't you mean?

Man, if we would have pulled out Game 1 and followed up with this effort...

Still, I think of it in terms of a series where we were 1-1 (meaning we stole a game at DEN), we'd be pretty darn happy. With Barton and Harris still MIA, we have a chance.

Still, I think of it in terms of a series where we were 1-1 (meaning we stole a game at DEN), we'd be pretty darn happy. With Barton and Harris still MIA, we have a chance.
The neutral site and the lack of travel both tilt this series a little bit in our direction, I think. A little.

It’s natural to think like this but there is a huge possibility we don’t follow up the win with as much effort and hunger or maybe Denver comes out with more effort after a Game 1 loss.

All things considered if you told me at the start of the series that it would be 1-1 after 2 games with no Bogey I’d have taken it in a heartbeat.

What's awesome is we are just shooting slightly better than Denver did in Game 1 and instead of a nail biter we're running them off the floor. Bodes well for us in a game where both teams shoot similarly.

This game(and the first one) is a perfect example of what I thought would be an impressive offensive series by the Jazz - this aggro defense is about the worst defense you can play against the Jazz. Our whole offensive philosophy is based on creating small advantages and building them up like an avelanche to create clean looks. The Nuggets give you the initial advantage(and not even a small one) on a platter! It's all about the execution from then on.

The only question with this series is whether we will be able to stop them defensively. I don't think we will have any trouble scoring.